What's the deal with the disappearing posts? - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the deal with the disappearing posts?

One last thing,collin claims these are his boards,i have news for him they are everybody's board .

There is no honor in kicking a man when he's down. Collinj may or may not have a problem excercising his authority in this forum, I'm not interested in that particular argument.

Notice, however, how the hyeenas always move in after the lions are done with the carcass. When you use a situation like this to promote a personal vendetta, you become nothing more than a scavenger. That is exactly what you have done DEAN, and you are by no means the innocent bystander that you would have everyone believe you are. This is a prime example of cowardess in it's lowest form.

And the man from starwars has posted his 2 cents on the matter.

[This message has been edited by DEAN (edited 07-30-99).]

Yes, I have seen some of your more recent threads DEAN, including the one in which you stated:

"I do however like to tell people in my own sarcastic way what they could do with themselves and consiquently have had my account deleted a couple times for doing so,everybody will tell you they dont care for me that much lol....."

And no, I don't own a TNT2 card, I bought one, but the damn thing didn't work at all so I sent it back. As a matter of fact I don't even have any posts in the video card section at all, I only observe.

You are, by your own admission, an antagonist DEAN and you have consequently brought upon yourself the very dislike that you have admitted most people on this forum have for you.

Notice how the cockroaches always scatter when you turn on the light.

After reading how he had contradicted himself, DEAN decided to just edit out the portion of his post in which he stated that he hadn't caused any problems lately.

well maybe we should assign you to be a moderator so YOU,can close all the threads you dont like too.

I have no desire to be a moderator here, I have too many other things to do. There is an alterior motive behind every statement like this that you make DEAN. You aren't fooling me, and I doubt you're fooling anyone else that has an IQ higher than 80.

I guess you dont see what you have done,YOU started a flame war!This is not a thread about me,this my last post here(thank god).You cant show half a post,i was trying to HELP mevil get along here,my sarcastic statement,was ment to be (as so others may laugh).And there also was a post after aswell

DEAN
    Member posted 07-29-99 12:34 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mevil-you are going to find that these people are VERY VERY sensitve,so you just have to tone it down a bit,I think you will get along just fine.
    My idea of a brawl in this matter(v3 vs. tnt2) is to bring in good info from the web,such as benchmarks ect..and more or less prove with out a doubt what i say is true.

That gives me the satisfaction of a good debate,I do however like to tell people in my own sarcastic way what they could do with themselves and consiquently have had my account deleted a couple times for doing so,everybody will tell you they dont care for me that much lol.....

but im still here,so,just tone it down a little bit and everybody here is very forgiving and it should work itself out.most of all HAVE FUN...............

ankerson
    Member posted 07-29-99 12:38 AM

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that you "do however like to tell people in your own sarcastic way what they could do with themselves" does it DEAN? You like to pick fights, and you opportunistically like to kick people when their down if it serves your interests. You have proven this far better than I ever could.

Now would be an appropriate time to close this thread, as it is a flame war! I never meant for this to happen.

Hey Ummmmmm.... No one is perfect. CollinJ
    has put up with more than one of my emails
    that I put together in the middle of the night while drunk.. and he remained very
    proffesional. I dont know the whole story..
    be he sure seems like a nice enough person to me. As far as posts dissapearing..
    well.. I think it is possable that there is
    a minor problem with the java script or something with the website. I once damn near wrote a book to help someone re-install windows98 with the proper switches so that they didnt lose their software. A couple of weeks later someone else asked the same question so instead of re-typing the book I searched for my old post to give to the person......... well.. after hours of searching I found that it was gone. Nothing outside of hardware talk in the post.. so it wasnt deleted. Everyone has a different opinoion and personality.. And therefore it is my personal opinion that both Mole and CollinJ are doing their very best in keeping HWC enjoyable. Even if CollinJ does choose Intel over AMD he is still okay in my book. Just look around.. we are all different people with different opinions.. lots of arguments floating around... thats part of what makes it all enjoyable in the long run..... My wife moderates several message boards.. trust me.. these decisions do not come easy. Having the power to ban someone from posting is in no way a "Fun" job.. there are a lot of things to consider.
    I was recently asked to moderate a message board.. but I declined.. and sent someone to them who was more level headed and qualified.
    Well, thats my 2 1/2 cents!
    Here is a pic of me
    Rich "Tech wanna be!"

members.aol.com/kingwands/me.jpg

For anyone that comes across this thread in the future, I would just like to let you know that it is always mistake to attack someone personally the way I did above. Referring to someone as something like a cockroach or hyeena might seem like a good idea when you're angry, but afterwards your conscience will eat away at you and make you miserable. I have therefore apologized to DEAN for the degradational referrences and we have settled our differences with each other.

You are an honerable man Rogue.. I have made the same mistake before. Now I am very carefull about what I post.. probably to carefull.. because sometimes a simple post takes so much thought to make the point correctly without offending anyone.. I sometimes just give up the idea of replying at all. Then there is the fact that my spelling and grammer isnt exactly perfect.. and people sometimes feel compelled to reply just to correct me!! Darn that gets on my nerves to no end!! To those of you who like to correct others...... please keep your spelling lessons to yourself!! Even if well intended it only irratates people!! After high school I had no need for spelling skills at all for many years untill I got a computer.. and there are tons more like me..
    I am not "stupid" Just rusty as hell. Hmmm I know this is way off subject.. but I sure feel better now.
    Here is a pic of me
    Rich "Tech wanna be!"

members.aol.com/kingwands/me.jpg

collinj,
    I have noticed a couple of threads that you closed, or deleted posts from because, it was "done to death", or whatever. This summer 300A overclocking and AMD/Intel debates were on the board everyday. That is trademark HWC, you can expect heated debates over and over again about these subjects. Everyone may complain about how many times it's been done, but guess what? Everytime it's done, there are damn near 100 posts in the thread. Given, most of the time they break out into flame wars, but when the do, people lose interest in the thread, and stop posting. There is no need for you to intervene. You are the ONLY admin/moderator who steps in as much as you do. Doesn't that seem strange? It's not because you're the only one who reads the posts, it's because you step in alot of times when you don't have to. Geoff and I moderate on Linuxplanet, and I can't remember one instance since it opened where I had to moderate anything. Given it's rather peaceful over there, but still.

Although I haven't witnessed you using your status to sway debates as was stated above, I would hope that you're not doing that either. I've had disagreements with Mole on subjects before, but never did he argue as a "moderator/admin" or flaunt his ability to delete what I posted to shut me the hell up.

I have alot of respect for you and I hope that you actually listen to what's going on here, rather than get upset.
    Like HardwareCentral?
    Interested in Linux?
    Check out HardwareCentral's sister site:
    www.linuxplanet.com
    Features Ultimate BBS, caters to newbies!

Thread Information