Boulder's Gate problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Boulder's Gate problem

Boulder's Gate problem

I have AMD II 400 oc 450 computer with 8MB video card. Whenever I run boulder's gate, it gets very choppy.... and it is so annoying. Anyone had any problem with this game before? Shoud I get a new video card or what? This seems like I am running out of memory but I have 96MB of memory and I rebooted my comp. Also the HD gets busy frequently...... it is slowing down the game a lot. I have 4.3G 33 UDMA Seagate HD..... I have had HD formatted 5 days ago.... what maybe the main reason?

Thanks

Tim

[This message has been edited by Tim Lee (edited 07-13-99).]
    PIII 650@806
    PC133 128MB ECC
    ABIT BE6
    TNT2 Ultra
    WD SCSI2 10K 5.2ms 18.3G
    Vortex2 w/ digital out
    Sony MHC-5500 Digital Signal Processer - 30 equalizers and Dynamic Sound

My advice is to get a new video card. The monster fusion by diamond would be a great card for that game, not too expensive either.

AMD RULES!!!
    If you don't have a real computer, don't even bother me :-)~

You mean Baldur's Gate? Great game, though TSC was just too much more of the hack n slash, not enough of the gameplay

As for the card - there are a couple of settings in the options you can try - check them out first. Sometimes they help. Do you have a Matrox card? If so, there are numerous problems with them and some games I have the millenium 2 and it was just lousy w/BG... Now I have the V3 but I've pretty much finished the game so...

Good luck...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Baldur's Gate is a hell of a resource hog, specially on video. Would recommend either new Voodoo3 or TNT2 personally. why pay 90 bucks for a Banshee (ie crippled Voodoo2) when you can get a Voodoo3 2000 for about 99?

Just my 2 cents.

See I have COMPAQ and it has all sorta problem with Voodoo cards. I've heard that Banshee is the only one that does not have problems. Where can you get V3 2000 for $99?

Tim
    PIII 650@806
    PC133 128MB ECC
    ABIT BE6
    TNT2 Ultra
    WD SCSI2 10K 5.2ms 18.3G
    Vortex2 w/ digital out

What compaq model? I have a deskpro 6000 and it runs just fine with my V3-2k...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

I've never played that game. What is it about?

I have 5070 model with upgraded 400MHZ chip oc at 450MHZ. It comes with 4.3G Seagate drive and only 8MB SIS 530 video card. I am gettin Banshee in 3 days(auction) and hope it will solve the problem. Compaq 5000 series have way too much incompatible issues(sub $1000 comps). 6000 series are GOOD ones so I doubt it will have any problems....
    Oh Baldur's gate is a RPG game which will require you DAMN 300+ MB of your Hard drive space! I am not playing this game any more my HD is way too small for this memory hog.

Tim
    PIII 650@806
    PC133 128MB ECC
    ABIT BE6
    TNT2 Ultra
    WD SCSI2 10K 5.2ms 18.3G
    Vortex2 w/ digital out

Thread Information