The Dreamcast, who's gonna get it, I'm thinking about it! - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dreamcast, who's gonna get it, I'm thinking about it!

why doesnt sony just downscale their pc's it would be easier and it would be out faster.
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

sure dreamcast is going to be out in september. but nintendo64 will still have a hhhhuggge following and noone i know is going to get dreamcast or is even excited about it. the playstation has Squareware (developer) (Final fantasy games) And the n64 has Rareware (goldeneye , perfect dark, banjo kazooie). and they have nintendo wich releeased good games.

Hey if you like fighting games, and ****ty Rally racing games, get Dreamcast. Because they have such low credibility that no developer would want to be with them when they could be with sony or nintendo.

And the fact that 2 more gaming systems are coming out in the next 2 years of dreamcasts release. Sega sux.

Morder

I did not know anybody waiting to reserve a n64 when it came out, and to me the playstation kicks its butt right now, just because the cartridges blow and the cost freakin 80 bucks, I got one for christmas just because I wanted zelda, I got bored with that and didnt even finish it, because nintendo never had any good rpgs that can compare and even fighting games that can compare with the playstation. I know more people reserving a dreamcast than having an n64. what came out with the n64, freakin mario, come on! Mario is stupid, sega does the same thing, and so does every other system, the games always **** that are released with the system. Slave Zero is coming out for it, which is an awesome mech game, coming for the pc also, the next resident evil game, which is going to be double the size of the original 2. Those are 2 perfect examples of awesome games that are coming out for it. Im getting rid of my n64, I have never bought a more worthless game system in my life, I still like my snes better than that thing.
    Vidfreek:

I'm not going to buy a Dreamcast, cause I'm going to buy the new Nintendo machine(codenamed Dolphin) instead. I've bought every Nintendo machine it has made, so I'm a loyal Nintendo fan.

Syphon Filter is enough of a reason to buy a Playstation alone. Havenít had so much fun since I played the original Tomb Raider. This game is a cross between Duke Nukem and Metal Solid Gear.

Check it out Ö
    http://www.videogames.com/psx/advent...reenindex.html

Presumably the PS games will be upward compatible with the PS2 giving one a wide selection of games to start with.

My vote goes for the PS2.

[This message has been edited by Blastman (edited 06-29-99).]
    Celeron-T 1.0A @ 1.33 - 1.250v (default 1.475)
    ATI 9600XT
    Abit VH6T

well unfortunately sega never had a good enough cd system to be backwards compatible with. Sony did. Having to wait at least a year, and more than a year for nintendos new system is a long wait. If most people buy a dreamcast, which is the number one selling console of all time now, they probably arent going to buy another system or 2. I know I wouldnt do that, waste money on more than one system. I have a psx now and a n64, I dont really play either that much anymore, cause I am a computer man. I use the psx for the great rpgs that are out. I dont use the n64 for anything because of the lack of good games to play, or any games for that matter! Dreamcast is definately in my future this year.
    Vidfreek:

Here are some of the game developers that are supporting the PS2 already, and the games that they are developing for the PS2
    Developers-
    --Japanese--
    Atlus
    Capcom
    Enix
    From Software
    Gasto
    Koei
    Konami
    Namco
    Square
    Tecmo

-U.S-
    3DO
    989 Studios
    Acclaim
    Eidos
    Electronic Arts
    GT Interactive
    Midway
    Naughty Dog
    Psygnosis
    Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Rockstar/ Take Two
    Running With Scissors
    Working Designs

Games-
    --Japanese development--
    Armored Core 2 (From Software)
    The Next Breath of Fire (Capcom)
    King's Field (From Software)
    Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo)
    Onimusha (Capcom)
    Soul Fighter (Toka)
    Metal Gear Solid 2(Konami)
    The Next Resident Evil (Capcom)
    Biohazard 3 (Capcom)
    Tekken 4 (Namco)
    Tomb Raider 4 (Square)
    Final Fantasy IX (Square)
    Untitled Fighter (Square)
    Untitled Fighter (Namco)
    Untitled Racer (Namco)

--US development--
    Flesh and Wire (Running With Scissors)
    Hand of Odd (Oddworld Inhabitants)
    Munch's Oddysee (Oddworld Inhabitants)
    Spy Hunter (Paradigm Entertainment)
    Untitled Realtime Strategy Game (7 Studios)

Thats a pretty good line up considering the damn thing isn't even close to entering production...

[This message has been edited by Jake550 (edited 07-04-99).]

I don't think there is a question whether or not the PS2 is a better machine (in hardware terms), the only thing that Sony has going against them is the price. If the machine hits the U.S. with a $300 or higher price tag, I feel it will be the next Atari Jaguar.

I'm not sure who is on board for games, but Jake550, where did you get your info?

I'd wait on buying a new system not just because of what Sony and the big N are doing, but instead to look at the software the Third party companies come out with, plus just to see if the new system has any problems(like the overheating Playstation). Does anybody else think that what Nintendo is doing is kind of odd releasing two different Dolphins one made by Nintendo without a DVD player or a audio cd playing capabilities at a lower price point, and one put out by Panasonic(Matsu****a)that will be able to do both things. I think this could confuse consumers even more when purchasing a new system. side note: I bought a N64 in January so I could play Zelda and Golden Eye, and after beating them both I didn't mess with the system for a month, and I sold it back in March, because I liked my PSX more, and the PSX2 is going to be my most likely choice for the next system I get.

Thread Information