cases, form factors, n convenience
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: cases, form factors, n convenience

cases, form factors, n convenience

I'm going to upgrade my P200/66Mhz FSB mobo system. After weeks of reading reviews, following discussions, and skritching my chin I have decided to flip a freakin coin. Heads, I go super 7 w/AMD K6-2 333/112. Tails I go BX w/celeron 300A and oc til I have wood. I lean towards the AMD, just to help the "lil guy on the block" take on "the man".

Ah, but I would love some input on atx vs baby at, which cases people recommend, etc.

Come to think of it, I don't even know what form factor the BX boards come in.

I have an mini-tower at case right now. I juss luv havin to take out my hard drives to get at the mobo. (read "I'm goin out of my freakin skull").

Go with Intel forget takin on "the man" we're talking about performance the best combo is Abit BH6 in conjunction with Celeron 300A. Also look at RAM if you are going to o/c Corsair PC100 is a must.!!. This is not a costly configuration!! If you need to order any of this stuff let me know.

Yes, my friend, you are corect. I dreamt of getting that 300A up to 450, and my liberal fantasies flew out the window.

I may not take your advice on the Abit board, though. AOpen and Asus are talking to me loudly.

Anyhoots, I've seen the Celeron 300A for around $95 OEM and around $125 retail. I expect to pay around $110 +-$20 for a BX mobo. Corsair 128M should run around $225. If you can get close to these prices, lemme know - ppagliuca1@uswest.net

Any advice on Cases?

Thread Information