atx case/motherboard probs.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: atx case/motherboard probs.

Hybrid View

atx case/motherboard probs.

i have a pentium motherboard and a atx style mini tower case.i cannot connect up the wire from the power switch on the case to the motherboard, i cannot find one in the diagram. i have the atx power hooked up to the board,. the power will not turn off . i have to turn off switch from the back of the case, anyone can help me, please email me at: at2ecw@webtv.net thanx!

You need to have an ATX motherboard.
    It supports the new power managment interface that the power supply is looking for.

More of a ? to ashkicka007 than the original thread: I'm trying to find a case that will support both a baby AT and an ATX board. Any idears?

Good luck.

to my knowledge there is no such thing.
    They are two seperate formats for cases.
    ie. ATX cases are about 2 inches wider than AT cases. Actually, now that i think about it. The main problem, besides the build of the case is the power supply.
    Correction, there is NO SUCH CASE!!!
    Sorry.

Good luck.

to my knowledge there is no such thing.
    They are two seperate formats for cases.
    ie. ATX cases are about 2 inches wider than AT cases. Actually, now that i think about it. The main problem, besides the build of the case is the power supply.
    Correction, there is NO SUCH CASE!!!
    Sorry.

If I was motivated, I would design one. How hard can it be to have a case big enuff for the atx, have mounting holes for both, and an interchangeable or transformable power supply?

While I'm at it, I want to be able to open the case and replace anything without having to dissect the whole thing.

-grumpy

Thread Information