PS/2 and extention cord
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: PS/2 and extention cord

PS/2 and extention cord

Hi

Recently, I bought 2 PS/2 extention cords (length: 5m each) to extend my Logitech mouse-and-keyboard receiver (= both cordless). Both perpipherals doesn't work! Even if I connect a regular PS/2 keyboard or mouse, it gives the same result. Could it be the length of the extention cord that causes the problem?

Tnx

could be the extention cords are broken inside, thake them back where you bought then from ask them to test them.
    ecs k7vta3 rev 1.0 - duron 1gig - geforce2 mx400 - 256ddr2100 twinmos - enermax 431w

Hmmm, could be, but you think *both* cords are broken? Nevertheless, I'll bring them back to test them. Thanx!

Hi,
    I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if they cables are both identical, could you have switched them by mistake? Plugged the mouse in the kb slot and vice versa? Just a thought.
    Michael

------------------
    "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less"
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Hi,

No, I'm not THAT stupid ;-)
    I tried both cables in both slots and switched them. Nothing works. But this afternoon I'll go to the shop and ask a new pair of cables. We'll see...

Greetz

Thread Information