Anyone Know About sublimation? I have A Few Questions
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone Know About sublimation? I have A Few Questions

Hybrid View

Anyone Know About sublimation? I have A Few Questions

I have a Epson Stylus 900 printer and I got a sublimation color cartridge that I use for my business. Question is -- when I print something in color the color doesn't come out that well. It's not bright enough. I've tried to adjust the color settings in properties but it comes out the same. It's just not a deep color. The cartridge came with a program called "power drive pro 900" that lets you change what type of surface you want to print on, "bit map color management, vector color management, and resolution 720 or 360 dpi." and that's all the program does. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there another program that I can use for this type of application?

Business - We print messages on T-shirts, mugs, metal, and other objects.

[This message has been edited by trophy1 (edited 02-26-2002).]

I've seen dye sublimation printers like fargo but I don't like the print--mostly dull and saturated. I still prefer water-based inks.

One way to adjust the colors is to do a trial and error technique--adjust the colors in your photo-editor then on your screen and print it out.

Why I love my HP1220c because it comes with a color cal. (Pantone) plug-ins to your Pagemaker or QuarkXpress. What you see on screen is similar to the print-out.

Inquire EPSON if they have a Pantone color calibration software for your printer using dye sublimation. I believe most of dye sublimation printer manufacturer have this software. Goodluck!

------------------
    Do you want to start MS WORD in safe mode?... Office XP on WinME
    HOME
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

HOME

i asked a knowledgeable mate who found this for me, i don't know if it helps but might explain why the colours look wrong:

A sublimation print is an image which is printed with special sublimation inks onto a paper as a mirror image.
    The inks are generally a different colour to conventional inks when printed and will only appear in their true state when exposed to heat and pressure.
    The printed papersare placed in contact with a suitable fabric or material and then inserted in a heat press, at which time the ink on the paper will sublimate into the fabric and become integrated into the fabric or the coating of the fabric.
    Suitable textiles for sublimation printing are generally synthetics such as polyesters and nylons.
    Other materials that can also be used with the use of a polyester coating are ceramics, glass, metal and wood.
    Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to sublimate print onto natural fabrics such as cotton and wool.

hope that helps

------------------
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

I almost fixed the problem I had. What I did what I didn't think of before was to clean, aline the heads and a few other things in properties and that fixed everything except a few colors are still not rich enough.

Thread Information