MS Trackball Optical
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: MS Trackball Optical

MS Trackball Optical

MS Trackball Optical, looks interesting.

------------------
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Lol im going to revive this thread for one reason.I currently own this trackball,but its my second one.I am a gamer,and i have noticed that since i installed XP,Half life and its mods,do not seem to respond well to the trackball movements.I could be running straight,and move the ball to the left to look that way,then try and move it so im looking forward again,but it sticks(like its not properly reading the movement of the ball).I am about to go get normal optical mouse,but i would much rather prefer to keep this one,seeing as how i got it no more then a month ago(i bought a new one cause i thought it was a problem with my other Trackball Optical,when it turns out,i have the same issue with this one)I have tried to uninstall the software,and reinstall it,but to no avail.I really would like to keep all the buttons functional,given i use them all in CS.Oddly enough,people i play with and know,cant grasp the fact that this is what i game with lol,but hell it took me to #1 sniper in Frontline Force in a server or two(when i had WinME),and i can still do extremely well im most fps games i play,but this hanging issue is really starting to tick me off..Any suggestions?And yep,i have cleaned out the little port with compressed air that the light resides in,i have cleaned the ball,and i have cleaned the smaller contact balls that the main one uses to move on.

------------------
    In my own opinion,the strange thing about sex is one person usually leaves unfulfilled.Lucky for me its always been the woman(Lewis on Drew Carey)

[This message has been edited by TowerofPower (edited 02-21-2002).]

Thanks for the feedback TowerofPower.

------------------
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Do ya have any ideas on what could be wrong?Strangly enough this only happens in Half Life and its mods

------------------
    In my own opinion,the strange thing about sex is one person usually leaves unfulfilled.Lucky for me its always been the woman(Lewis on Drew Carey)

TowerofPower are you sure it is not the HL config?

Two nights ago while playing TFC my comp decided to crash. During file checking on the reboot, W2k decided it that my config.cfg was invalid and erased it. My config backups in the TFC folder were a few years old so I pulled a newer one off a different comp. I know this config was pre- v1.5.

Anyway my problems with the movement were much as you have described. The easiest way I could demonstrate the problem was by focusing on a specific point and circle strafing around it. I couldn't make a full revolution around the point because I would randomly "stick" in the opposite direction I was moving. Another example, say I just moved the mouse from left to right, very rapidly--instead of look left-look right it would be more like look left, look left, look right. Hmm, kinda difficult to explain.

Anyway netgraph showed that I wasn't dropping framerates, and I found it occurred in LAN games the same as internet games so it wasn't connection. Long story short--I wiped my config and started over again, and the problem's gone. Prior to this I had tweaked the config as much as I could but nothing fixed it so I gave myself a clean slate. I just think the pre v1.5 config just had something that caused problems with 1.5, I don't know what it was but maybe this will work for you. (Backup first)

My problem with the Trackball Explorer is that the top and bottom buttons really stick, as in keep me moving in the same direction after I've let go until I hit the button again. This happens intermittently but occurs with all games.

yep thats whats happening to me.But not to long ago i had to reinstall EVERYTHING,and its still the same problem.Hrm

------------------

Thread Information