Can't Change File Name on CDRW
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Can't Change File Name on CDRW

Can't Change File Name on CDRW

I copied files to a CDRW disc but it won't let me change the name of the files on the disc. It's only read-only. Why is that? Is there a way I can disable read-only?

This might sound dumb... I've never worked with CD-RW's before but can you right click the file and change it's properties by deselcting the type?

It's just a guess.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

misread
    ------------------
    MSI k7t266 pro2
    AMD xp 1900+@1.6ghz
    geforce 3
    creative audigy platinum

[This message has been edited by zodiac_hl (edited 01-14-2002).]
    asus P5AD2 Premium - p4 3.4GHZ - 2x512 dual DDR2 PC2-5300 - 2x Western Digital 200GB SATA raid 0 - geforce 6600GT - windows xp pro

Originally posted by Toolbox:
    This might sound dumb... I've never worked with CD-RW's before but can you right click the file and change it's properties by deselcting the type?

It's just a guess.
    The read-only is NOT selected.
    read-only - archive - hidden - nothing is selected.

If you record with regular mastering software it will always become read only. You canít change an individual entry with mastering software but can only erase the entire CD and start over.

With packet writing to RW you can change individual entries and it shouldnít record as read only. Some packet writing software might have a setting to make things read only but Iím not aware of it Ė donít use packet writing. To packet write you have to format the RW and you can drag/paste in Windows Explorer.

If you can keep your head while others around you are losing theirs, then there is something you don't know

Thread Information