Middle mouse button not recognised in games?!?!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Middle mouse button not recognised in games?!?!

Half the way between a PC screen and the scary real life...

Middle mouse button not recognised in games?!?!

Hi,
    Reinstalled Win98 recently, and much to my surprise, the middle mouse button (plain Logitech serial mouse) doesn't work in games anymore.

I tried deleting the mouse from the System menu in the Control Panel. It found a new mouse, correctly identified, but still a no go.

Installed the latest Mouseware from Logitech, nope...

I can assign keyboard keys to the middle button, but in that case, it ony works when I release the button... try the alternate fire in UT in those conditions, lots of fun I can tell thee...

I know the button works, but if assigned at "Middle button" in the properties, games don't see it...

Any suggestion?
    Main rig: Athlon64 x2 4200+ | Asrock 939N68PV-GLAN | 4x512MB PC3200 | 120GB Seagate | Samsung DVDRW SH-S203D | VX550W PSU | WinXP Home SP3 / Ubuntu 7.10
    Headache generator: K6-2 500 | FIC VA503+ | 2x64MB PC133 | Voodoo 3 2000 PCI | SB32 ISA PnP | 15,2MB IBM | Xubuntu 8.04 / DeLiLinux 0.7.2
    Lappy: Compaq EVO N115 | Mobile Duron 1GHz | 384MB PC133 | VIA KM133 | Xubuntu 8.04
    A big thanks to MS's Vista for making me look into Linux distros!

MitchSchaft Guest
    There's a string you put in the registry to make it work, but i forgot what it is.

Thread Information