Plustek OpticPro 4830P Win2000 install problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Plustek OpticPro 4830P Win2000 install problem

Plustek OpticPro 4830P Win2000 install problem

I upgraded motherboard, chip, hard drive & operating system to win2000. I am attempting to reconnect my OpticPro 4830P scanner once again. I am able to print through via the cables that connect computer to scanner to printer. I found the drivers for win2000 and installed them. When I click on the scanner utility, it tells me that the scanner DLL is missing.

I expected the scanner to be recognized as plug and play. It isn't. I have attempted to call Plustek but get a series of recordings that lead nowhere.

Is there anyone who could help me? TIA!

John

Missing .DLL solution:

If you receive a missing .DLL files message during or after the installation then you will need to reinstall the scanner drivers only. You can do this by running the installation program again, selecting a custom installation, then making sure that only the scanner driver or software box is checked. This will install just the driver and replace or add the .DLL files.

From this page: www.plustekusa.com/technicalsupport/techtree/techtreedll.htm
    At this site:
    www.plustekusa.com/tech.html

Hope this helps.

Axe

Given that the installation disc is a Win95 disk,I am not so confident that it has what Win2000 wants. I have found, downloaded and installed drivers that are for Win2000, but get a little unclear as to the order to do the different steps, now that it hasn't just popped into view with Hardware Found: Do you want to install it?

The other error message that I get is "The procedure entry point SMaptS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." at which point I get lost.

Thanks for your response. Hoping you might enjoy continue to give me your best guesses as to how to proceed.

John

Originally posted by Axe:
    Missing .DLL solution:

If you receive a missing .DLL files message during or after the installation then you will need to reinstall the scanner drivers only. You can do this by running the installation program again, selecting a custom installation, then making sure that only the scanner driver or software box is checked. This will install just the driver and replace or add the .DLL files.

From this page: www.plustekusa.com/technicalsupport/techtree/techtreedll.htm
    At this site:
    www.plustekusa.com/tech.html

Hope this helps.

Axe

Thread Information