Philips 8x CDRW for $79 - opinions ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Philips 8x CDRW for $79 - opinions ?

Hybrid View

Philips 8x CDRW for $79 - opinions ?

http://www.pcstuff.philips.com/prd/p...%20Rewritables (2nd drive from the top - the 8X)

Do you guys think this is a good drive? I've been looking for an upgrade for my 2X Acer for the longest time. The cost is $79 after rebate from Best Buy.

Please let me know ASAP as I'm heading out there soon.

------------------
    Listen you, when I catch you I'm gonna rip your eyes out and shove em down your pants so you can watch me beat the crap out of you!!!

[This message has been edited by rh71 (edited 04-29-2001).]

Iíve read posts by several people who bought that burner and are very pleased. It is one of the few burners that can copy SafeDisc2.
    If you can keep your head while others around you are losing theirs, then there is something you don't know

Well I bought it and have burned about 15 discs at 8X with Nero 5.5 with no coasters (it came with EZ CD Creator 4.0 Standard).

I read CNET reviews and the majority was good... for $79, I don't think I can find a better bang for the buck.

By the way, where can I find more info on SAFEDISC2? You got me curious now ...

EDIT>>> Oops, nevermind, found it: http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware...edisc_v2.shtml

[This message has been edited by rh71 (edited 04-29-2001).]

Thread Information