Any repair software for dead CDRW media???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Any repair software for dead CDRW media???

Any repair software for dead CDRW media???

When I bought my first CDRW there wasn't really a good selection of CDRW media. The only choise, Pacific Digital. OUCH! What a mistake. I put some very important data onto them. I only burned onto them once and left them in a safe place. It's been a year since I used them, and now I need the data that is on them. Unfortunately they seem dead. 1 CDRW disk shows it got nothing on it, and says 0mb free, 0mb used. The other says it's using 270mb but inside only shows 1 text file that says this:

"This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
    that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

I tried both cdrw's on 3 different computers in 5 different cdrom/cdrw drives each running computer running on different OS's.

So is there any way I can get my data back? At least a little? I don't even see the directories I have made, no files nothing. There's got to be a way to extract data from dead cdrw media, right?

Do you have an UDF-reader installed? Looks like you burned the cdrws using packet writing. You need an UDF reader (it's software, check out nero's InCD sofware ) and a cd-drive capable of reading UDF (your writer should be able to handle this)

btw UDF= Universal Disc Format

Thread Information