color printers that are black
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: color printers that are black

color printers that are black

Just posted E-mail to all the major printer mfrs. Well the ones I could contact.

Looking for a color printer, ink-based, that is black in color. Not black as in B&W. Black as in matching blk cases, blk monitor, blk kbds, blk mice etc.

Have you ever tried doing a search at pricewatch.com for a blk inkjet or bubblejet printer? Well don't.

Does anybody know which mfrs I can terrorize about getting the right printer? I'm coming from an HP LaserJet IIIP with metal parts that haven't broken yet. But it's putty colored, I don't like looking at it, and it's in a closet on a 40' cable and not doing too well lately.

Am a newbie about color printers. Saw blk printers but that were for photos, only talked about photos and recommended photo paper. Doesn't look like it works with non-photos.

And there were printers for your Internet connections. Only? Print what you see on TV. Print your E-mail. What about a document? Open it in a browser.

Well you get the idea.

------------------
    If you can't be a good example,
    then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
    - - - Catherine Aird - - -

I paint my peripherals.

For example... when people ask me "Where'd you get the BLACK scanner?" I say "Me and Microtek!"

i think some of hp's inkjets are black

------------------
    Visit my website!
    look for me on AIM as gosanjose or on ICQ as #46997155

i feel kind of stupid buying HP printer 6 month ago for 199.99 at best buy.
    It suck really, only a little faster then the slowest of the bunch say lexmark Z12
    the difference is speed not quality.

------------------
    Joking is not what I am very good at, it make peope think I am silly. I would like to quit it for now, life is just too serious for that. Sad indeed but true. simple as if you act like a clown you get treated like one even when serious. now that is something I do not like.
    Celeron 366@458 Pr 550
    Bio-Star MZT6K
    192 meg of pc100 DIMM
    8x4x32 CDRW Mustek
    32x cdrom liteon.
    8.4g Maxtor UDMA66 3 yrs old and still kicking
    SB-Awe 64
    17' Proview Monitor, anti-glare

Me and my cans of BBQ blk spray paint and primer. Did you know Rustoleum primes plastic? But I draw the line at printers. Cases, bezels off FDDs and CD-ROMs; they're more my speed.

Coulda sworn I already asked HP. That's what I get when I go on an E-mail frenzy. Can't keep track of who I contacted and what they said. Mostly I delete the replies if I don't like the answer.

One mfr doesn't make blk printers for the general public. Epson was undeliverable at the E-mail addr I tried to hybridize. Canon had the ones that looked blk but were for photos which I haven't figured out will work for wp docs.

Oh yeah HP wanted to know the s/n off the model. No pre-sales support that I could get off their website. Haven't much use for any merchandiser who wants you to figure it out and let them know. What do salesmen do anyway? Sharpen pencils? If they don't know answers to questions about what they're selling, then what good are they, so say I.

Would like a printer with enough brains to let me know when I'm low on ink. And a printer that uses individual ink thingies so I can buy 3 magenta and 1 yellow instead of wasting it on a partially used combo cartridge.

Wanna be able to go to one of their websites and say, "Hey do you carry this in black?" I hate shopping. I don't get smart driving from place to place. So should I quit frequenting mfr websites and descend upon retailers?

How about Printers Unlimited. Is there such a place? Life was so much simpler when all there was was HP Laserjets, Epson dot matrix and IBM line printers.

Oh yeah and a printer that's smart enough to be more than one thing. Like a CD-RW can be combined with a DVD. So a printer that doubles as a scanner or a fax or an ans mach.

And I will revisit Hewlett-Packard.

------------------

Liked my last post, figured I'd post it to myself to see if I could get some more input before the topic died. Busted.

Acer makes a black printer, that's all I know.

HP has a toll-free number -- for sales -- with the following caveat IMHO
    (1) the voice mail or automated series of answering systems or whatever it's called instead of what it is, being on hold, will take appx 30min
    (2) the phone is the best way to go but wastes most of my time and keeps me off the Internet, since I can write 70 E-mails a day but I certainly can't make 70 phone calls a day
    (3) the pre-sales support staff is intelligent enough -- I would put them in the same category as IBM new hires -- but no more knowledgeable about the department to which they are assigned

Somebody out there has gotta have a printer that
    (a) warns you when it's out of ink
    (b) has individual ink thingies
    (c) aliases as something else, kind of a bonus like a CD-RW DVD combo
    Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
    - Scottish Proverb

Hhehe, you remind me of me when I was looking for:
    a) Black Keyboard
    b) Ergonomic
    c) Wireless
    d) and not infrared, but radio wireless

I just doesn't exist

Then I found a nice kb with usb ports built right in and went for it (hey, that's a damn good reason to have a wire! )

Good luck on you search

Cal

Thread Information