cd audio extraction???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: cd audio extraction???

cd audio extraction???

I was wondering if there is anything other than cd burners that support audio extraction at 16x and up. I want to burn music cd to cd and i can only get 7x audio extraction from my 52max cdrom. I was also looking to get a dvd player. Is there a dvd player that supports high audio extraction??
    Thanks in advance.

it all depends on what cd (not cd drive)u r trying to exstract some will go quicker than others have u got dma enabled on yr cd drive?

------------------
    go to http://pub24.ezboard.com/bultrabytecomputingforum
    allways happy to help

no it's not getting dma. it's set to auto or (if available) but it's not getting a dma addy. and about the depends on the cd..i've tried multible audio cd's and never gotten above 8x audio. even on diff. systems with diff. 52x drives..:\

You should be aware that the faster audio extraction, the higher is the risk of getting audio errors when extracting. Depending on your ripper program, these errors might not be detected and you'll get an inferior copy.

really i never new that...i use audiograbber 2.1 to rip...have u heard of any probs like that with the plextor 12/10/32, tdk 16x? but what i'm most concerned about is cd2cd duplication

enable dma in the device manager then that is yr problem

------------------
    go to http://pub24.ezboard.com/bultrabytecomputingforum
    allways happy to help

I have a Teac 32x SCSI cdrom that rips at about 16.27x and I don't get any errors at all

But the Plextor range of SCSI cdroms are meant to be able to rip at 20x without any errors at all. I'm not sure about the IDE range of Plextor's though. They might be able to as well.

Thread Information