Recording audio cd's with 700 meg 80 min cdr's???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Recording audio cd's with 700 meg 80 min cdr's???

Recording audio cd's with 700 meg 80 min cdr's???

Has anyone been able to use the 700/80 cdr's for audio use? I have been unable to burn one that my cd players can read.

I guess after recording about 450 of them over the past few months, I can say that the 80's work OK.

Some recorders, notably the Sony's and Sony-based HP's, are limited to 78:30, and discs burned beyond that on those recorders are unplayable.

It could be the players themselves, as the tighter spiral can sometimes be difficult to follow for some players, but it would be unusual for multiple players to have that trouble.

You might try a different brand or color. Some readers can be a little finicky. My car stereo only plays gold colored discs, but the other colors I use play everywhere else.

Well my burner is a HP 8100 plus. The 80 min cd's were unreadable by any cd, and my car unit (Eclipse 5442) hasn't had any problems with cd-r's before. Maybe I'll try that 78 min idea.

The 8100 is definitely a victim of the 78:30 limitation, one of the reasons I'll never buy an HP (or another Sony) drive.

Stay below that figure (a friend of mine always stays below 78:15 on his 8100) and you should be OK.

Thread Information