Where can I get the Clone CD software???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Where can I get the Clone CD software???

Where can I get the Clone CD software???

Where can I get this software? I'm just about to buy the Plextor 12x10x32A and I don't think I saw "clone cd" in the software package list. Lots of people seem to like this program alot, so I was wondering where I could download it. I did a search, but was unsuccessful thus far.

Thanks,
    Masterblaster

Forget it. I just found the website. I guess you gotta pay if you want it to spin at more than 2x. I'm wondering if this is worth it?
    http://www.elby.de/CloneCD/english/index.htm

Masterblaster

CloneCD is far and away the premier CD copying software available, but that's all it does. It copies CD's. If you feel you'll be using your new Plextor quite a bit to copy discs, you certainly need CloneCD. It's up to you to determine if the amount of time it takes to make the disc copies you intend to burn is worth the price of the full version. A full CD takes about 37-40 minutes at 2x, but 6-7 minutes at 12x.

Myself, I paid the ransom, but I copy often. Even for unprotected discs, it's still best.

BTW, you've made an excellent choice with the 1210A. I've given mine quite a workout over the last few months with no trouble at all.

I think its way worth the money. It has been able to burn any game I can think of just great.

Do you guys use the "read subchannels" or "fast error skip" options? I haven't the couple of times I've used this and the disks seemed to work fine. But should I use them? Seems to take a lot longer to read if I do.

It depends on what I'm copying. If the source is known to be, err, resistant to copying efforts (most games, some newer M$ stuff), you'll need the subcodes.

The fast error skip uses the computer to do error correction, as opposed to the reader. I usually leave it off, as most times I want the disc copied with the errors intact. Sometimes they're intentional

Thread Information