LS-120 drives
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: LS-120 drives

LS-120 drives

Dear All,
    I have 2 new LS-120 bought in different areas. My new mb allowed LS-120 to boot as A. I didn't work, All I got was screech which I thought was a format noise: wrong, but the replacement did exactly the same then burned out; again a replacement screeched but no burn out. I tried IOMEGA's ZIP and it was fine but not as boot A. I bought a firmware card and both of the LS-120 will not do anything but screech. I need help.
    Thanks
    Brian Gaskell

------------------

Hey, buddy. Sorry i'm not help, because i dont know the answer. But i suggect that you post this in another forum. Maybe General or something. That way you can get better feedback than if you post in this forum.

I've had an LS-120 for some time, and the only sound it makes is when it's coming up to speed (very briefly). I wonder if you are short of power...what wattage is your Power Supply?

It's amazing the strange and various problems that are solved with a new, bigger P.S.
    Life isn't THAT serious...or is it?

Does your BIOS support peripheral devices such as LS-120? Is it listed in CMOS?
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Dear Shima,
    Re LS-120: my CMOS does allow support for this device. That is the problem; I've tried everything. Perhaps I should scrap the damn thing.
    Best
    BGaskell

Originally posted by Shinma:
    Does your BIOS support peripheral devices such as LS-120? Is it listed in CMOS?

I would check for BIOS update for your motherboard, never know.
    Double check your EIDE connectors.
    Did you try these drives on another pc to confirm/exclude that they are the problem?
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I had same problem. I updated mbd BIOS and it worked fine. Try that definitely. It's safe to assume that's where the problem lies.

Dear All,
    Thank you for all suggestions. The problem was a faulty LS-120 drive, which I stupidly overlooked. All's fine now.
    Thanks again
    B. Gaskell

Thread Information