HP office jet 720 problem(please help)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HP office jet 720 problem(please help)

HP office jet 720 problem(please help)

My problem is: communications failure between my pc and printer....have tried EVERYTHING! plugging and unplugging (and changing) the cable....starting and restarting... unloading and reloading software...checking port, drivers, printing from DOS.... everything! my printer is only 5 months old. Any suggestions?????

I can't access your e-mail so I have to post here

Disconnect the printer from the PC and perform a self-test print by pressing/hold the paper feed button until the power button blinks. If it works,
    Try using HP550C printer driver and e-mail me the results.
    If it will not: Try changing the black cartridge

You can also go HERE

Goodluck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by butchsor (edited 07-28-2000).]
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

HOME

I have done a self test and it works in fact, I have had to use the printer to make copies as a stand-alone printer. so I know the printer works. Also I hooked up a canon BJC 4100 to my computer and it worked with no problem so I know my port is fine. I had already tried using the 550c driver and all I got was one line of garble and non-stop printing of that til I had to cancel the print job on the front panel of the printer. Why change the black ink? incidently, the ink is fairly new within the last 2-3 weeks. Thanks.

Originally posted by butchsor:
    I can't access your e-mail so I have to post here

Disconnect the printer from the PC and perform a self-test print by pressing/hold the paper feed button until the power button blinks. If it works,
    Try using HP550C printer driver and e-mail me the results.
    If it will not: Try changing the black cartridge

You can also go HERE

Goodluck!

Lately, most black cartridges made by HP have problems (lost communications and non-printing of colors) based on my usage for all my HP printers.

If the printer prints self-test, you have a printer driver problem or faulty ink cart. installation.

Read THIS --it might help you solve the problem

goodluck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by butchsor (edited 07-30-2000).]

HOME

Hello:Just my 2cents...When I initially had trouble with my HP882c, I found that I had to use the CD-Rom uninstall program and not the Window's "Add/Remove" from the control panel. For me That was the answer and everything worked upon re-installation. Good luck!

I tried everything you suggested and also on the help page you recommended....still the same ole results! I really think the problem is in the printer's parallel port. If so, should I send the printer back to HP? Or is it something I can be "talked through" to correct?? Thanks for all your help.

Lately, most black cartridges made by HP have problems (lost communications and non-printing of colors) based on my usage for all my HP printers.

If the printer prints self-test, you have a printer driver problem or faulty ink cart. installation.

Read THIS --it might help you solve the problem

goodluck!

Try your printer to another PC. If still won't work, have an HP Service Provider Center to troubleshoot (all parts and labor is FREE if it is under warranty even you did not buy the printer from them).

goodluck!

------------------

HOME

Thank you so much....I don't really have another pc to connect to; our other one is win 3.1 and I don't think it will take that will it?? But I was going to contact the local HP service center and ask them if it would cost me to have them service it. It is still under warranty (new in Feb) so again...Thanks!!

Try your printer to another PC. If still won't work, have an HP Service Provider Center to troubleshoot (all parts and labor is FREE if it is under warranty even you did not buy the printer from them).

goodluck!

Thread Information