I need a gamepad.....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I need a gamepad.....

I need a gamepad.....

Man, I was gonna order the Gravis Xterminator gamepad, but the supplier delayed it 1 month, so I canceld it. So now I'm gonna get a new one. what is a good game pad. I'm playing role playing games so I need like 10 buttons.

I wanted the Xterminator because it was a combo gamepad and joystick. On the top corner it had a little joystick sticking out and I was so happy...but too bad. :crap:

So what is a good gamepad? not too expensive though...even better if it has a combo joystick and pad....

btw, what is USB and How do I tell if I have USB or Gameport?
    come and join this informative computer forum covering a wide range of topics

http://www.gade202.net/wwwboard/index.php

You have to check out the Saitek Cyborg 3D Gamepad.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

those gravis xterminator pads are nice....my mate bought one, so he sold me his sidewinder freestyle pro.

i think the sidewinder is heaps more comfortable but he wanted a pad with a little joystick thingy and more buttons.

the sidewinder freestyle pro is like the most comfortable controller i've ever used....the only thing is that sensor thing on it is crap but i never use it anyway

How about the Logitech Wingman Gamepad?? The one with or without the motion sensing technology. It took me a while to get used to it but now I can't see how I can't live without it. Like in games like Motocross Madness 1 or 2.

It has 11 buttons total. Plus the one without the Motion Sensing thing is $20. Of course that's in the U.S. I don't know where you are from. It's meant for a Gameport but also has an adaptor that fits into the USB slot.

[This message has been edited by Wynner2 (edited 06-26-2000).]
    Main Computer Specs:
    Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 45nm
    Asus P5E
    4gb OCZ Reaper HPC PC6400
    Seagate SATA2 250Gb
    eVGA 512Mb 8800GT
    SupremeFX II Mobo Audio (for time being)
    Wynndows7 Home Premium 64Bit
    Currently playing; Crysis, Just Cause 2, Alien Swarn, Borderlands, and Starcraft 2.

Take a look at the Interact HammerHead FX game controller. It's very similar to a Playstation Dual Shock pad, and has 2 more buttons. Each analog stick/button/pad has it's own device ID so its highly adaptable. It won't however, work with Dos games, so if you need one that will, you should take a suggestion from some of the ther replies.
    Chew good now or get good later!

Thread Information