Compaq Modem Users!!! Throw That Thing Away!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Compaq Modem Users!!! Throw That Thing Away!!!

Compaq Modem Users!!! Throw That Thing Away!!!

well i dunno if this has been talked about before, but if you have a compaq modem, get rid of it! i belive this cause when i did, i went from connections of 29,000bps to 49,000bps!!!!! i just bought a modem blaster isa..... for $40! and its got voice!

this modem is TWICE as fast as that comcrap thing.... well... hehe, now i have a compaq computer with a different modem, different video card, different soundcard, and different cd rom so much for being a compaq!

GregT Guest
    Check your throughput before you say too much. Go to a good site such as Softseek.com and download a large file (1 meg or more) and see if the modem is REALLY faster than the old one. My guess is that now you've connected that much faster that you'll encounter retrains and the modem will fall back to about 31,200. Check to see you actual download speed on a few sites just to make sure that it really is faster. You may find that you'll have to limit your top speed to avoid the retrains. But, maybe you'll be lucky and everything will be great.

yeah, it IS faster, i used to download a 5 meg file in like 45min... now it takes about 20!

Thread Information