Who Makes the Best IDE CD-RW - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Makes the Best IDE CD-RW

If you want a CD-R burning program that is between Nero 4.0.8.3 and Adaptec Easy CD Creator 3.5c or 4.0 then I would look into Cequadrat's WinOnCD 3.6 or 3.7. It offers more features than Adaptec's Easy CD Creator, but it also is still very easy to understand and use

Sincerely,

Best4x4

Well, there's only one:

HP 9110 (8x4x32x)

Something to mention about the Plextor is that although there may be no visual or noticeable defects on the burned CD, there are quite a few faults when U examine the CD with adequate equipment.

Buy HP!

"Expect my visit when darkness falls upon you"

My favorite is HP 9300i(10/4/32. I own it and it works great!

Postings somewhat old but what the heck! I think HP "now" make best CD-RW's.

The Mitsumi 4804te (24x4x4) is great value for money and is reliable as puck.
    Duron 700@1100 2.1v Air Cooled - RIP

i hav 2 cdrw, 1 HP 2*2*6 in my k6-2 300 & 1
    philips 4*4*32 in my pii400 & i both of them especially with Easy cd writer deluxe v4

------------------
    BOOKER E REESE
    Why I keep on giving you all this "Good A... Advice"!!!!!

Well, i have been reading everyone's options and i think all of those drives are great.
    Out of all those good drives, Ricoh and Hp are two of my favorites. I own at 2x/2x/6x since 1997 and it haven't made a coaster!!!!
    I just brought my new cdrw drive (Ricoh 6x\4x\24x) in October, 2000 because my HP are getting old and it works great. Work with every possible cdr i have tried. But when buying new cdrw drive, one should keep this in mind: some drives ex. Philip have problem reading certain colour dye on the cdr. So one should buy a cdrw drive that can handle all the dye out there and therefore giving you a much more flexible choice when going shopping for blank cd.
    Sorry for the poor gammar.English is my third language.

I saw this new drive one day:
    Panasonic CDR08432( CD Rewriteable 8x4x32x IDE). Is this a good drive? Never knew panasonic make cdrw.
    Sorry for the poor gammar.English is my third language.

I presently have a memorex 1622CRW. IT has it's bad days but for the most part it has done me justice.

My next purchase will be plextor. Everyone I talk to seems to have great luck with the drives. The prices seem to be lower than other drives worth crap.

Coasters can be a pain but considering the fact that CD-R media is cheap, its only time being wasted. I burn while I sleep anyway.

-Shock Troop

I use a Mitsumi 4804t 4x4x24 Burner. It is not the fastest or the best but I bought it for $160 in November and I have only made one Coaster and I burn at least 2-3 CD's a week. The Coaster was because My HD was dying and it couldn't keep up with the Burner. I should have known no to try a Burn. I recommend the Mitsumi 4804t. All media I have used in it works perfect. And it came with Adaptec software.....I ditched it and I know use Nero for all my burning needs.
    Evil Inside,
    Corrupt Outside

I'd recommend the plextor 8x4x42. HP is also good. I've heard good thins about Ricoh, and www.tekfront.com is supposed to have a review of the new 8x up soon.
    -J

------------------
    www.tekfront.com

Ricoh 7060 or Mitsubishi 4 6 30
    Whenever there's doubt, there's no doubt.

Thread Information