Best Joystick?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best Joystick?

Best Joystick?

Just wondering which is the best joystick for freespace and driving games.
    prefered 3 axis one.

3 axis?? I've never heard of a 3-axis joystick!

I've been very happy with my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro. Plenty of configurable buttons and very smooth gameplay.

Ever heard of a Saitek Cyborg 3D?

http://www.saitekusa.com/home.html

------------------
    It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computerô

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I've been happy with my Precision Pro as well but I've had my eye on the new Logitech joysticks also, Wingman Digital Extremes. If you are refering to rudder control, these have them. I've never liked the feel of the Saitek joystick. Even though it is adjustable, it's never been very comfortable. Construction seems easily breakeable too. I don't know if these have rudder control or not.

I love the full setup... throtle and pettels and stick...Unfortunatly that limits my Force Feedback options to just one... The CH force FX. I've had a few problems with it's doss drivers..But I don't play dos games so that's not a problem. It also has, hands down, the LARGEST footprint of any standalone Joystick... BUT it's a brick, no problems with games that use DX foce feedback, and coupled wiht the CH pro-throttle, I very rarely run out of buttons.

I've always been a fan of the Logitech Wingman Extreme. Mine started to get a little old so I went and bought a Wingman Extreme Digital 3D... SWEET!! Best joystick you can buy for flight sims, expecially games like Descent. The 3rd axis like the orignal Sidewinder 3D Pro had sure makes it easier to bank and roll. 8 buttons, a throttle and a hat thats sunk into the stick so no matter how hard you push it in those desperate situations it wouldn't break off(I learned the hard way).

[This message has been edited by Psy-Q (edited 11-08-99).]
    --------------
    Kernel Panic? What the hell does it have to be panicked about?!

Thread Information