DVD-ROM "D:\ is not accessable"
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: DVD-ROM "D:\ is not accessable"

DVD-ROM "D:\ is not accessable"

I replaced my IDE CD-ROM (32X) with an IDE DVD-ROM (6X,32X)in my IBM Aptiva 2153 E3N. Windows98 Device Manager shows CDROM - Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-113, which is correct. However, when I double-click on the "D:" icon (with either a CD or DVD loaded), I get "D:\ is not accessable - A device attatched to the system is not working properly". The device is physically installed correctly, and the CD/DVD spins up when I put it in.

Note: The CD-ROM (what I removed) drive letter was "G", and my DVD-ROM drive letter is "D". Also, several months ago, I partitioned my Hard Disk with Partition Magic (I intend to install LINUX on the other partition). Maybe the other partition is designated by "D" in MS-DOS? Maybe I should change the autoexec.bat and config.sys files to reference "G" instead of "D"? I also have "LASTDRIVE=Z" in config.sys. Any suggestions?
    "We've got both kinds, Country AND Western!"

You may want to go to Control Panel >> System and look in the Device Manager. You can find the current drive letter assigned to the drive under Properties >> Settings.
    neildlb

Thread Information