3 blind mice
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 3 blind mice

3 blind mice

Upgraded from a 486/50. Built four systems in the past twelve weeks. Decided on this FIC board, AMD K-6-2 450 CPU but also to keep my 1991 AT case. Tried a connector that came with an HX5 straight Pentium 233 board.

Have tried three mice, including a brand new PC Concepts (R) right out of the box. Downloaded drivers from their website. Still no luck.

Haven't raised a red flag about the possibility of a faulty on-board connector, since I've recently experienced the mathematically impossible. Lost both HDDs the third week of July. All three DOS boot floppies were bad. Made that embarrassing discovery by hauling my system back to the
    computer store I bought the board and chip from. Amazed myself by finding a fourth set of DOS 6.22, but that's another story...

Does the addon connector need to be grounded to the case? Have left all test mice hanging loose in case I get another genius idea about what to try next. Any ideas? - Thanks!

------------------
    Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
    - Scottish Proverb

Use the connector that came with the motherboard as i had the same problem and as soon as i used the connectors that came with the board, it worked fine. If it still doesnt work, take the board back and demand a refund or replacement.

------------------
    "Though the night may be dark, the dawn shall always awaken and annoy you"
    "Though the night may be dark, the dawn shall always awaken and annoy you"

Thread Information