Which Cheap Printer Is The Best? Epson Hp Cannon
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Cheap Printer Is The Best? Epson Hp Cannon

Which Cheap Printer Is The Best? Epson Hp Cannon

I am looking to buy a new printer and I'd like to know which of these would you consider the best for the price.
    Cannon 4310 (I think that's what it is called)
    HP 695C /710C
    Epson 440

I am very happy with my Epson 440. Just make sure you buy yourself a ream of the expensive, glossy, ultra-white paper costing about $30/200 sheets. You won't regret it. (This paper is always Made in Japan. Do trees in Japan produce whiter paper?)

Initially, I bought an open-box Epson 440 at Sears at a discount. It worked intermittently so I e-mailed Epson tech support and described the problem. I got a call the following day from Epson saying they will replace the printer. Talk about service. It was too late by then though as I've gone back to Sears and exchanged it for a brand new 440 at the usual price ($129).
    Fun. What else is there?

I agree with vcarpio. Epson makes excellent printers. I don't know too much about HP, but I hear good things about them. I recommend you avoid Canon printers because the ink runs out fast, and they don't have an ink-level indicator so you don't know how much ink you have left. I'm not sure if the new models have the ink-indicator though.
    "Money does grow on trees, but the banks own all the branches."

Phenom 9550 Quad Core
    8GB Kingston HyperX
    ASUS M3A78
    LG GH22NS30
    Seagate 320GB (boot)
    WDC RE3 500GB x2 on Highpoint RocketRAID 3120 with RAID1
    Sapphire 4830
    Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G
    CoolerMaster RC-690

I'd recommend you to go for HP.

This is because Epson and Canon has the ink "needles" on the printer. So, if you don't use it for a while, you'll risk the ink drying and stuck in the small tube. HP's have the needles on the ink cadridge. So if there's any problems, you just change cadridge.

Go for HP 710C. The price difference between 695C is minimal.

yep the hp's have that photoret2 technology that lets them produce High color photos without having to go up to like 1200x1200 dpi. Epsons say they have the smallest drop so their pictures are better looking and crisper, not quite. I used to work at staples and saw every kind of printer that was out print. Hp wins hands down in my personal experience. Hp was the most bought printer in the store, I could barely hand out a canon or an epson except for the occasional buyer. Hp has wonderful tech support and help. My friend had a problem with his Hp printer printing lines through the text, he called them and had it fixed in like 5 minutes, they knew exactly what was wrong, they also exchanged my Hp 400 model (when I had it, I just bought an 895cse model, man does it rule!!!!)for another one because the paper feed went bad, didnt have to pay a thing and they took care of shipping too.

I would highly recommend an HP over any other printer, especially if you can afford to do so.

------------------
    Vidfreek: The master Wizard.
    Visit us at http://members.xoom.com/wizardofcomp

Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

I am impressed with the quality of output from the Epson 440, in the UK you can get 1 for 86.95 which to me is a bargain.
    Gigabyte 8KNXP P4 3.0 HT 800fsb 1024mb Infineon PC3200DDR ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
    3DMark2001SE= 17215 2x36gb 10,000 Raptors (RAID-0) Pioneer AO5 DVDRW Lite-On 52x32x52
    Iiyama 17" TFT UT+UT2K3 = Euthanasia

I have everything you've mentioned. In my experience the Epson and the Canon are the bad ones. Always having one kind of problem or another. My HP hasn't let me down ever.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

For cheap one, Epson 440 is the best.

I've owned a Canon and an HP. The quality from the Canon was good, but I had to replace the ink catridges quite often (which of course got rather expensive). I bought an HP last October, and am very happy with it. The quality is good, and I owned it nearly 6 months before I had to replace the first ink cartridge (and I print things quite often). I've also had an Epson, but that was several years ago (both a 9-pin and a 24-pin dot matrix), so I'm not even counting those...hehe...

BTW, The reviews on the HP 710 series were much better than the 690 series. Also, I have a 695c at work and the text quality is a bit fuzzy. My mother purchased a 712c and the output on that one is excellent. For a few extra bucks, I'd definitely go for the 710c or 712c. Mom paid $199 for hers a few months ago, but I recently saw the 712c on sale at PCZone (http://www.pczone.com) for $149. Not a bad deal.

Go HP!

I have two 3-year old 850cs with 50,000 full page print-outs and still kicking without print quality problem until know.

HPs 800series printers are very durable--I have tested 850c and the new 895cxi running
    4 days of non-stop printing with a single problem.

Of course, HP Community Forum BBs is excellent--moderators knew exactly what the solution for every HP printer problem except mine
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

HOME

I have had no problems with my 440. One thing to consider, also, is the cost of replacing ink cartridges. Epson replacement cartridges are much cheaper than the HPs. With the HP, you are essentially replacing the ink AND the print heads, which leads to the higher cost. Replacing the print heads is good, but for a printer that cheap, is it worth it?
    "It was a good lay........"

I can refill HP ink cartridge!
    --a cost reduction of 60% on new cart.

HOME

That's exactly my point with having the print head replaced with the cartridge.

I've had experienced quite often when customers haven't printed for a while and the ink had dried inside the head. Usually, the head has to be replaced and a replacement cost something like 50-75% of a new printer.

I don't know about newer HP models but for 540 which I still have, HP's advice is to store ink cartridges when not in use not in the printer itself but in Ziploc bags.
    Fun. What else is there?

I have the old HP660c as my backup for my three 800series. I have to run it whenever I'm nearly missing my time committment to the customer. The Hp660c standby for 3 months with the two ink cartridges on its cradle. Still works without any ink quality problem.

HOME

Thread Information