what's a good digital camera?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: what's a good digital camera?

what's a good digital camera?

I don't know too much about digital cameras but I am planning to get one soon?

Does anyone have a recommendation? Should I be looking for certain features?

Is it really worth 3 times the price or a regualar 35mm camera? And what's the useable lifespan?

Thanks
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM
    14.4 DVD

Windows 95 ME

I have the Kodak DC260 which is an outstanding camera. I have not used my 35mm since. There is no need to worry about wasted film and what to do with the pictures you don't want. The picture quality is super and with a good printer you get good photo quality prints. I use the Epson 740 for prints.

The 260 is a damn fine piece of equipment, and Mike is a bastard for owning one . A pretty good site that covers a lot of digital cameras is www.image-acquire.com . They have some good reviews there.
    David Peters
    "If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

The Kodak digital cameras appear to be very good from past reviews I have read. Minolta cameras also have very strong reviews.
    "Money does grow on trees, but the banks own all the branches."

Phenom 9550 Quad Core
    8GB Kingston HyperX
    ASUS M3A78
    LG GH22NS30
    Seagate 320GB (boot)
    WDC RE3 500GB x2 on Highpoint RocketRAID 3120 with RAID1
    Sapphire 4830
    Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G
    CoolerMaster RC-690

Funny, Thats the same thing I said to the guy who had one before me : ) I saw the pictures and quality and just had to have it. Eat your heart out. heh heh : ) Another fine camera is the Nikon but it does not support USB and serial for Picture transfers is just too damn slow. The other features are better in some respect but I like the USB. Onother option would be a flash card reader for the Nikon. A friend has the Nikon and he loves it.

Mike.

What do you guys think about Epson 800? It seems to have all the functions plus some more and could have for $100 less than comparable brand. $555 from outpost.
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM
    14.4 DVD

Windows 95 ME

Sears is selling the Fuji MX-10 for $299. It has 1024x768 resolution, flash, LCD, 2MB. That config usually comes at $500+ with most other brands. There's also a mail-in coupon at Sears (which can be used even if you didn't buy the camera at Sears) for a floppy adapter costing $99 (around $79 in mail-order shops). The free floppy adapter offer expires Aug 31, 1999.
    Fun. What else is there?

I bought the bottom of the line Polaroid PDC 300. It's good enough for me. I enjoy taking little pictures of landscapes and stuff. The result may not be the greatest, but it's fun to use.

I bought a Toshiba PDRM1 for my parents on their anniversary. I really don't know how it compares to the others but it had some good reviews.

Thread Information