Game controllers
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Game controllers

Game controllers

I'm having trouble getting two game controllers to work consistently. I have a microsoft sidewinder p pro, and a gravis game pad pro. The sidewinder is connected to a usb port and the gravis to a game port on my sound card. The sidewinder worked fine yesterday on mech3 but i get no response today, any help would be appreciated.

If you are trying to get them both to work for two player, the SW won't work with any other controllers...
    I have the same controllers, and tried for days before actually reading somewhere that you have to have two Sidewinders for two player...

I'm not using them for a two player setup, but one thing I've found is that if I want to use either controller I have to set ID numbers to 1, If i try and set the gravis up as #2 It says not connected, and the sidewinder will say it's connected as #2, but unable to use it playing mech3. Has anyone else experinced this and if so what did you do to work around it. I can go into joystick control properties before using a different controller and change the ID# to 1 but there seems like there should be a better way.

What's with these controllers? I have a friend who has both of those, and he never found a resolution to his problems. Best of luck, though.

Thread Information