CD-R problems! Help plz
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CD-R problems! Help plz

CD-R problems! Help plz

hey anyone know why when i make a cd at a certain moment the cpu freezes and sometimes it works ,i screwed up to 7 cds till now and it sux anyone have any idea

Well like i'll be making a cd using cd-rWin 3.7 or Easy cd creator both freezed not at the same place but there freezed, i was doing a data cd with cd-r win and it freezed at like 74% and i had to reboot and close the session but it didnt do it right and with the audio cd i was doing with easy cd creator it freezed at the 8th track it was writing and i dont understant why, do i have to disable everything ,when i do a cd i reboot and i do one.And i have a Panasonic CD-R Mat****a and a AMDk6-2 400 with 128 pc100 ram.
    if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

Disable all programs running in the background before making a burn. Do alt+cntl+del to see what's running. Make sure you don't have a screensaver or other program that starts automaltically afterwards. Set read ahead on the HD to none instead of full.

------------------
    The man they call Armand
    Soyo sy6ba+iv Intel p3-700e@933 512meg-Cas2-2-2/
    ATI Radeon 64meg DDR-vivo-/Memorex 48x//
    Iomega 12x4x32x Burn Proof//

Set read for the HD ,where do i set that and what does it do,disables the HD?

I agree with 4842guy, turn off all your TSR's, and any screensavers you may have running.

Also, make sure you scandisk and defrag your hard drive at least once a week, preferably right before you plan on doing any burning.

A few things you might want to try and tweak as needed: In the EasyCD Creator program go to TOOLS, OPTIONS, ADVANCED, and lower the speed a step at a time, testing as needed. Under TOOLS, run the three SYSTEM TESTS to make sure everything seems to function alright. Lastly, under RECORDER PROPERTIES, lower the settings as needed for problems with audio burning.

Thread Information