EIDE CONTROLLER CARDS
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: EIDE CONTROLLER CARDS

EIDE CONTROLLER CARDS

I AM LOOKING AT ANOTHER HD BUT ALL OF MY IDE PORTS ON MY MB ARE FULL UP. CAN ANY1 TELL ME OF A GOOD PCI EIDE CONTROLLER CARD THAT CAN BOOT HDs & WORKS EXCELLENT WITH OTHER EIDE DEVICES (CDROMS, ZIPDRIVES, OR LS120s).
    Why I keep on giving you all this "Good A... Advice"!!!!!

Hi Booker,
    I'm sure you know about the Promise ATA/66 card. Might be good for you,specially if in case you buy an UATA/66 drive in the future as drives are getting faster all the time.

You can probably put all you hard drives on it and put everything else on your primary and secondary IDE. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by 2bit (edited 04-23-99).]

I agree completely with 2Bit, Ihave the Ultra66, I love it, runs all OSs, some speed increase Best $40.00 I've spent lately.
    486 CPU/32MB Memory/Windows 3.11(it rocks!) Sigh.........the good ol Days........

Promise makes a good card, but I bought the ultra/66 ,and returned it for the ultra/33 . Got the /33 for 19.00 . And there is NO speed difference.
    first off you need an ultra/66 drive to take advantage of it, and most /66 drives out are 5,400RPM. I bought an IBM ultra/33 7,200RPM drive, which is faster, and cheaper.
    I didn't know she was your sister...I swear!

Thread Information