LS 120 Drives
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: LS 120 Drives

LS 120 Drives

Anyone using one of these, connected to the parallel port, and able to boot up with it?
    My mainboard/bios doesn't support LS120, I hear the new ones do. I have an LS 120, but, only configures through the OS(Win95)
    Useless as a backup device unless it will configure on bootup. Anyone able to get the device to configure on a Windows 95 StartUP disk?(on a non LS120 supported mainboard)

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but even if your motherboard supported the LS120 it won't boot to it from the parallel port. It would need to be connected to the IDE on the M/B. I hate to be bearer of bad news.
    Good Luck!

Well, I lucked out. The website of this LS120 drive has dos drivers now. (they never when I bought this thing)After loading the drivers on my Windows 95 Startup disk, updating the config.sys file(on the disk), I can now boot up with it, and my Superdisk Ls120(connected to the parallel port does work!
    Now, I just need to know how I can backup my complete system harddrive, and use a dos command to get it back onto a harddrive.
    I know the "xcopy" command won't do it, and,
    I can't remember if the "backup" or "restore" commands are even available in Win95b's version of dos.

Thread Information