Mouse Converters
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Mouse Converters

Hybrid View

Mouse Converters

I have 2 mouse input converters (one with Microsoft on it) which you plug a round mouse plug into and it converts it into the other squarer shape which the inputs on my home computers need. However DOS, Win 95 nor Win 95 detect either of them. I have tried both of them on several computers with no joy. Any ideas please.

Jeff

JTomlins> what brand and model of mouse is it? Did you get any drivers with it?

I have had the same problem. I plugged in a genuine Microsoft mouse, and it worked fine. I tried a non-Microsoft mouse, and it does not recognize it. Something special about the adapter or Microsoft that make it recognize its OWN product!!!

Thanks for your suggestions guys. It is a Microsoft mouse which works when I plug it into my PC in work without any effort. I don't have any specific drivers for it, surely I don't need any for a Microsoft product working with Win 98. Still no joy, any other suggestions please.

JTomlins

to change from ps2 to serial go to control panel/mouse/general... then change, if you have the drivers you can load them there, otherwise you can get the drivers on the net or use a generic one on the Win95 CDROM

Thread Information