SEAGATE HARDDRIVE NOT BEING RECOGNIZE BY SYSTEM
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: SEAGATE HARDDRIVE NOT BEING RECOGNIZE BY SYSTEM

SEAGATE HARDDRIVE NOT BEING RECOGNIZE BY SYSTEM

MY SEAGATE 2.1GB HD IS NOT BEING RECOGNIZED BY MY SYSTEM. THIS ALL STARTED WHEN MY SYSTEM SHUTDOWN USING THE PWR MGMNT (SCREENSAVER, MONITOR, HD). I TRIED USING MY MOUSE TO WAKE IT BACK UP BUT ENDED UP HAVING TO REBOOT USING MY RESET BUTTON. AFTER REBOOTING & SEEING MY SYSTEM WAS ONLY DETECTING MY OTHER HD(MAXTOR), CDROM, & FLOPPY, I WENT INTO MY BIOS TURN OFF ALL MY PWR MGMNT & TRIED TO GET MY BIOS TO RECOGNIZE MY SEAGATE HD AUTOMACTALLY OR MANUALLY PUTTING IN THE PARAMETERS. I HAVE CHANGED MY IDE CABLES REPLUGGED MY PWR CONN.TO THE HD & NONE OF THIS WAS SUCESSFUL.
    IS MY HD DEAD & WHAT SHOULD I DO

------------------

Why I keep on giving you all this "Good A... Advice"!!!!!

You need to figure out weather it is your system or hard drive. Try taking out the drive and connecting it to another computer and see if the bios will recognize it. If the other computer recognizes the drive better contact your M/B Manufacturer. If it doesn't recognize it your drive may still be good. Use fdisk if you are familiar with that program to see if you still have the partition and it is active.
    Warning if you aren't familiar with this program take the drive to someone who does.
    You can mess up a drive easily without much effort. Just ask me, I am familiar with it and I just did a fresh install of os and everything. Because I fdisked a spare drive I have and botched my main drive in the process. Oh well live and learn.
    Post your results.
    Jeff

Thread Information