Computer speakers vs stereo system
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Computer speakers vs stereo system

Computer speakers vs stereo system

What is the quality like between a speaker + subwoofer combination as opposed to plugging your computer into the stereo? I already have 2 decent computer speakers but want more bass - is it better to buy a subwoofer or will I get more value for money out of a stereo, bearing in mind that one gets a radio tuner and CD player as well as the speakers with a stereo system.

If you already have a nice stereo, you can plug your sound card's output in to the aux input of your stereo. It will sound way better than those low-powered computer speakers.

It certainly will sound better on the stereo. Even if you have an old all-in-one job, it will be worth the 5 minutes to hook it up.

Linux Editor | www.evil3d.net

I don't have a stereo atm, it is basically a decision of (when I have the money to buy better sound) will a subwoofer suffice or will I get better quality out of a stereo? I have heard good things about subwoofer + satellite speakers but nothing on how they compare to a hi-fi. I'd prefer the hi-fi because it's more versatile anyway.

I'd say go for the HI-FI. You can get a good mini system now days for cheap. Check out some of the JVC mini systems - you'll be surprised at how full the sound is for a such a little s**t!
    I hope this helps in your decision making.
    Kevin.

Thread Information