Help with DVD Encore
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help with DVD Encore

Help with DVD Encore

I have the Creative DVD 5X Encore with Decoder and when I try to load a DVD movie I get a message that says "This program fails to detect the presence of a CDROM drive or a DVDROM drive. Please check that your drive is connected properly." I can run CD's with no problems at all. I think it may be the decoder card. Can anyone help?

what DVD player software are you trying to use?? what operating system?

I have the 5x creative dvd also. Did you install the proper device drivers on the floppy (the updated ones)? Go to creatives site and get the latest software:

http://www.soundblaster.com/wwwnew/tech/ftp/ftpnew.html

Product: Windows 95/98 - PC-DVD Encore, PC-DVD RAM & Dxr2 Decoder

Filename: dvdew9x.exe

File Date: 981111

File Size: 4,259,326 bytes

Description: PC-DVD Encore Windows 95/98 Application Setup
    DVDE-95WEB-2-US (Revision 1)
    This is the latest version of the DVD navigator player software. This update includes revised disc detector files.

Please refer to the README.TXT for additional information and the INSTALL.TXT file for installation details.

NOTE: This package ONLY works with the PC-DVD Encore and PC-DVD Encore 5x kits, and the PC-DVD RAM with a Dxr2 Decoder board.

goodluck

[This message has been edited by mr soundz (edited 12-28-98).]

I tried the latest drivers with no luck. The software I am using is the software which came with the drive (not sure the name, have to check when I get home). The CD portion of the drive works fine and I was able to install software from a DVD disk so I don't think its the actual drive. The problem only comes up when I use the DVD viewer.

I finally got to speak to the folks at Creative. It appears that when I installed my SCSI card it wrote over a file and caused the DVD to fail. Put the file back and all is fine.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Information