Help - Internal Modem problems
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help - Internal Modem problems

Help - Internal Modem problems

I have a DELL 486/66 mhz with 40meg RAM. I've
    tried to install an action tec 33.6k and viking 56k internal modem into my PC and windows will not detect it or recognize it. I've set it up on com2/irq3 and there are no conflicts. I go into control panel->modem and install it but still get no response from it.
    I've had no problems with external modems.
    Please help!

PDad, are the modems jumpered or plug and play? If they are jumpered, you want to do is make sure that com2 is disabled in cmos if you have set the internal modem to com2. If they are jumpered, then you would be better off setting them for com4, making sure that you install a com4 in windows. (install new hardware, make sure the com port reads 2E8, irq3). If they are plug and play, make sure you dont need to install a propritary virtual com port. Hope this helps.

PDad, are the modems jumpered or plug and play? If they are jumpered, you want to do is make sure that com2 is disabled in cmos if you have set the internal modem to com2. If they are jumpered, then you would be better off setting them for com4, making sure that you install a com4 in windows. (install new hardware, make sure the com port reads 2E8, irq3). If they are plug and play, make sure you dont need to install a propritary virtual com port. Hope this helps.

Thread Information