Hewlett Packard Deskjet 672C
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hewlett Packard Deskjet 672C

CINDY Guest

Hewlett Packard Deskjet 672C

My 7 month old Deskjet printer has stopped printing multiple pages. The majority of the time it says my printer is out of paper although it isn't. Via phone, HP tech support confirmed the HP and Dos print drivers were operational and that the problem may be with the MS print driver. My printer has no problem printing self test pages, but will not print saves documents (out of paper). I have deleted and reinstalled the HP printer with Windows 95 several times. The carriage seems to struggle into place when I push the print button to print documents, but again, works fine when I print self test pages. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had a similar problem with my HP Deskjet 820. No one particular thing fixed it, but here's what I did.

Went into my system BIOS, and manually changed my LPT1 port to "Bi-Directional"

Ran Diagnositcs from the HP software

Went into the HP site and downloaded the latest and greatest drivers, installed them into Windows 95.

This solved most of my problems. It still acts up once in a while, but the major problem was reduced.

Thread Information