Asus V6800 Deluxe
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Asus V6800 Deluxe

Hybrid View

Asus V6800 Deluxe

I have the Asus V6800 Video card and Ive come to where I would like to input from my VCR but i do not know how to do this. The manual does not help me. My friend says I may need a special box that everything hooks into and then goes into the back of the video card. Also, all of the Asus capture applications and drivers for this card are beta and they seem to have problems with XP. If anyone else has this card and can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Tom

Not much help here. I also have the V6800 and the drivers are not certified for Windows 2000 even. I am using V 3.79 with good results on W2K.

There is a SVideo IN connection on the card. If you VCR has an SVideo out you can create the connection. Otherwise, you can use the RCA Video out from the VCR or Camera to connect to the SVideo In via the SVideo to Composite adapter supplied with the card.

To do the capture, you will need the software to acomplish it. From the Asus manuel:"The Asus Live utility lets you view and capture video images from the card's video input port."
    The manuel also describes the parameters for using the card to capture. I am looking at the downloadable pdf manuel from the Asus website and not the paper manuel that came with the card.

The special box your friend is refering to is probably a "Dazzle Video Capture" device. I was looking at one in Best Buys @ about $300.

[This message has been edited by Leos_Locks (edited 03-10-2002).]

Thanks, and you have been have help. If you try the Asus beta drivers page, they do have drivers now for XP. How good they are, Im not sure. If I use the yellow video out from my vcr and use the adapter they gave me, how do I get the sound in? Do I use the RCA red and white connectors into my sound card for the sound? Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

If I ever get around to hooking mine up I will offer better advise. I want to run a camera into the computer and capture that way.

I havent even installed the Asus Live software yet so it is hard to get started without the tools.

The audio would enter the computer through the Sound Card inputs I think. I have onboard sound so it would be through the Motherboard Audio In (wherever that is) port.

I went to the Asus site and found where they have changed the drivers page. They no longer use the 3.79 series drivers. I downloaded and installed the 14.62a drivers and am using them now. Not any difference that I can see. They are all listed as Beta now also. I'll check back in a few months but I doubt they will change them.

Thread Information