GEFORCE 4 : important BUG !!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEFORCE 4 : important BUG !!

GEFORCE 4 : important BUG !!

Hello everybody.

It seems that nVidia released its GF4 too early...
    The GF4 GPU is very unstable : more you play with, more it become unstable!! It seems that after a long period of testing, the chip is getting hotter and hotter, thus making the chip more and more unstable.
    nVidia is working hard on this issue, but nearly all GF4 card out there are going to be recalled !! Their should be replaced with new card, empty of this bug.
    Nvidia want don't revel this news... I know this from someone working for a compagny which has some kind of relations with nVidia... But i will not tell you who he is or what is the name of that compagny, to protect them.
    Damn, just look how those GF4 GPU are getting hotter and hotter when you are playing...

Little advice : don't buy a GF4 card until nVidia fixed this bug !! (in 3 month may be) or simply buy something else !!

Justintime Guest

------------------
    Jr

BINK'S HWC MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY

Ditto

You came all the way here just to post that?
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

Ya... looks like zic700 was unhappy with an Nvidia product he bought in the past.

Originally posted by zic700:
    I know this from someone working for a compagny which has some kind of relations with nVidia...but i will not tell you who he is or what is the name of that compagny, to protect them.
    Actually, I heard this too. Last weekend, I was in the cinema sitting next to someone whose niece once had a blind date with the second cousin of the janitor who empties the wastebasket of the vet who gave a check-up to one of nVidia's programmer's cocker spaniel, and he said the same.

Just out of curiosity, zic, you wouldn't be the CEO of ATI, would you?

------------------
    My systems here...

Someones doing the rounds

Just seen this 'word for word' over at one of the 3DFX boards.

------------------
    P3 800e @ 1088 with water cooling
    BF6 Mobo
    Asus 8200 GF3
    256M HSDRAM
    Santa Cruz
    Iiyama Pro450
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

i think i saw this over at the arstechnica forums too...

------------------
    Visit my website!
    look for me on AIM as GoSh4rks or on ICQ as #46997155

Someones doing the rounds
    Just seen this 'word for word' over at one of the 3DFX boards.
    i think i saw this over at the arstechnica forums too...
    Man, if you look up "troll" in the dictionary, you'll probably see "see zic700." This loser has posted this SAME EXACT thing at Anandtech's forum! And yes, he only has ONE post over there too. FREAKIN' ANNOYING! This could VERY likely be some ATI zealot making his rounds!

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 02-19-2002).]

I guess rumours like that don't float to good around here. I dont think chip temp deteriorate like that and likely they have been heavily testing working silicon for six months and the production suilicon for 3 months.

Also The Inquirer has said that the chip actually seems to be clocking better then expected and even though the 4600 is spec'd for 300Mhz, some companies will ship theirs at 330Mhz or more.

Plus the fact this is his first post does not add too much to the credibility of the post.

------------------
    AthlonXP 1600+ 1.65v 42'C
    FOP32-1 Mod w/80mm 30db
    Epox 8KHA+ KT266A
    256MB Crucial DDR266 cas2
    GeForce2 GTS (210/410)
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Antec SX-630 Case (mod'd)
    TTGI TT-350-SS 370w PS
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I sure hope he doesn't work for ATI's driver crew.

No, what he said is true! There is no need for a recall, as nVidia says you can fix the problem by changing a jumper on the video card. It turns out that some cards were shipped with this jumper set on "run too hot" instead of "normal"

------------------
    "Going with the flow" may just take you to the sewer.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Man, you could have come up with a better bullsh*t than that, an-increase-in-the-temperatur-bug after playing for a while! give me a break.

------------------
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein 1879-1955
    "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

Ken Olson (President of Digital Equipment Corporation), Convention of the World Future Society in Boston, 1977

sure hope he doesn't work for ATI's driver crew.
    If he did, then at least this would explain why ATi's driver's have been so poor.

Perhaps the driver crew is spending it's time making poor posts on message boards instead of writing code that will complement ATi's hardware?

No, I don't believe that.

I'll bet this is just a troll.

[This message has been edited by Baloneyflaps (edited 02-20-2002).]

I know this is just a troll.

One of the reasons I like the Rage3D board so much is that every so often you get a post like this with some "secret information" and the guy in question normally gets slated...

...but sometimes the post is followed up by "Here are some benchmarks..." and "Here are some screenies..." and "Here's a photo of me creeping around the ATI lab at 4am in the morning", "Here's me shaking Dave Orton's hand..." etc. Makes it worth sticking around even though there's quite alot of **** flying around in there! I haven't even registered, I just like to watch.

Like for an example; someone's recently reported a fix for the high-polygon bug that's plagued the 8500 since its launch. It should be incorporated into an up-and-coming set of drivers. They've backed it up with benchmarks and have enough respect on the board that some people take their word as law. A couple of guys on that board figured out the 8500 BIOS flashing/pencil mod process, and their are a few people who write the code for some of the Radeon tweaking programs that are widely used. An ATI dude, can't remember his name, even frequents the forum and provides feedback sometimes. Good stuff.

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 02-20-2002).]
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

I keep visiting this thread for the laughs.

You guys crack me up

you would think that if he actually wanted people to believe him he would learn how to spell
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

Thread Information