Radeon 7500 acting up! Blacking out screen! Replaced with a geforce and probs gone!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 7500 acting up! Blacking out screen! Replaced with a geforce and probs gone!

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

Radeon 7500 acting up! Blacking out screen! Replaced with a geforce and probs gone!

I put a radeon 7500 into my machine and after awhile it started to act up and the whole screen would black out. I have heard that the drivers for this are buggy? Does anyone have a link to drivers that are better? Like I said the geforce works fine and no blackouts(whatnots) so I know it has something to do with the radeon whether drivers or actual hardware problems.

Any answers?

Justintime Guest
    Muthafunker posted a link with some newer drivers.
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/016170.html

------------------
    Jr

BINK'S HWC MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    That's odd. If the whole screen is going black, and not just crashing back to desktop or crashing the computer, I'd definately say it's a hardware problem.

Sounds like a defective card to me. If you're happy with the GeForce, I'd take it back for a refund, or beat the fool who sold it to me silly (whichever one applies).

------------------
    Only 30,000 to 40,000 genes in an Einstein, a Michael Jordan, or a Bach? Boy, can that God guy write tight code or what? - David Rudloff
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Justintime Guest
    not necessarily, i've seen issues like that with bad drivers, where the screen goes blank and the monitor goes into sleep mode as well.

------------------
    Jr

BINK'S HWC MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY

Originally posted by Justintime:
    not necessarily, i've seen issues like that with bad drivers, where the screen goes blank and the monitor goes into sleep mode as well.

I am not happy with the gforce. It is only a gf2mx200. I liked the radeon for its cool operation. IE it didn't get as hot as the gf2.

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    Hmm... maybe try some other drivers then, there are plenty of choices.

Oh, and make sure all nVidia registry entries are gone... uninstalling doesn't come close to preparing for an ATi card install. Use Detonator Destroyer or RivaTuner or similar to remove all traces. As a last resort, reinstall Winblows.

------------------
    Only 30,000 to 40,000 genes in an Einstein, a Michael Jordan, or a Bach? Boy, can that God guy write tight code or what? - David Rudloff
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

This last install was a fresh one and it is the one I had problems with. The one where I pulled out my gf2 is where I had no problems. Weird to say the least.

Is there any overclocking involved on the system your having video troubles on 'Ol Man?

Say an AGP slot running 35% out-of-spec?

Wacky things will happen under those conditions.

------------------
    A7V + 1.4ghz tbird,Swiftech MC462a, 512mb (generic) pc133(2-2-2), IBM 75GXP, ASUS Geforce2 GTS, SB-Live5.1,12x10x32 Plexwriter,16x40x Pioneer DVD, NIC, floppy (yay), Cable, Win98SE
    now that my specs are respectable, I might as well list them again:

2500+ Barton @ 2346mhz, Swiftech MC462a/80mm Sanyo Denki fan
    Abit NF7-S v 2.0
    2x256 Ocz PC3500 DDR
    128 mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Lian-Li PC-68 case
    Enermax 431 watt PS
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah

Okay then folks, which drivers are the best for this card?

My money's on the 6025's which you can get from support.ati.com

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...

Bink's HWC GALLERY
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

I noticed those 6025 drivers require DirectX 8.1 -- so don't forget to update your DX too 'Ol Man.

------------------
    A7V + 1.4ghz tbird,Swiftech MC462a, 512mb (generic) pc133(2-2-2), IBM 75GXP, ASUS Geforce2 GTS, SB-Live5.1,12x10x32 Plexwriter,16x40x Pioneer DVD, NIC, floppy (yay), Cable, Win98SE
    now that my specs are respectable, I might as well list them again:

2500+ Barton @ 2346mhz, Swiftech MC462a/80mm Sanyo Denki fan
    Abit NF7-S v 2.0
    2x256 Ocz PC3500 DDR
    128 mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Lian-Li PC-68 case
    Enermax 431 watt PS
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah

I used the 6032's and they work better and so far I have been having no problems.

Wow, great! My money was on the ridiculously-out-of-spec FSB suggestion, LOL.

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...

Bink's HWC GALLERY
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

Originally posted by Mutha Funker:
    Wow, great! My money was on the ridiculously-out-of-spec FSB suggestion, LOL.

MuFu.

What, I was running a 133MHz/67MHz/33MHz FSB/AGP/PCI!

Thread Information