help identifying video card? please?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: help identifying video card? please?

Ontario, Canada

help identifying video card? please?

I have a Ati Mach 64 card, says the Windows Device Manager. It is not detected that I can see on post (by the way if anyone can tell me why that is..), the number on the card is "1093B200-00" and a sticker on it says PCI Mach64GT. Yet the ATI site says their cards only start with 100 or 102. I want to confirm this is my card BEFORE I download drivers. Can anyone help identify this? When I e-mail ATI support asking for help identifying it, it sends me back an email saying that I need to identify my card so that they can assist me. Nice, eh? I won't go buy one now! Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Grand Haven, Michigan, USA
    I usually try a seach on price watch first. Got one. A 2MB PCI card called the ATI Mach64 GT.

These are the specs:

ATi MACH64 GT Video Card (3D Expression)
    64-bit 3D graphics accelerator
    2MB of Memory
    Interface : PCI
    ATi 3D Rage II+ DVD chipset
    Mip maps
    Gouraud shading
    Lit and video textures
    Alpha blending and fog effects
    Six levels of texture mapping
    Perspectively correct texture mapping
    Standard 15-pin VGA connector
    Card Only

Sounds like a 3D Rage II+ and here is a link to ATI's website for the drivers. They have stuff for just about every OS.

Hope this helps.

AthlonXP 1600+ @1.5Ghz
    FOP32-1 Mod w/80mm (30db)
    Epox 8KHA+ KT266A
    256MB Crucial DDR266
    GeForce2 GTS (210/410)
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Antec SX-630 Case (mod'd)
    TTGI TT-350-SS 370w PS
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Ontario, Canada
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

VA, USA
    For any future queries as to what a miscellaneous piece of hardware is, find the FCC # on the card (every piece of hardware has one and goto Enter th FCC ID# number on that site and it will tell you the manufacturer and make of the item.

If god hadn't intended for us to eat animals then why'd he make them out of meat?

Thread Information