AHHH die windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AHHH die windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love reading stuff like "After i updated this with this patch, and reinstalled this driver 8 times, then installed twelve more patches, installed 4 Microsoft updates, did a tap dance, reinstalled that driver, formatted three times, prayed to God, reinstalled seven programs five times, waited for a northwest wind, farted in a southern direction, XP finally ran."

XP is a overrated sh*tbox that is trying to do what MAC OS10 did over a year ago and is failing. Wait for XP SE which is coming out early 2003. All of the patches will be included and it won't be a BETA OS like XP.

Everybody tried to knock Windows ME and let me tell you, i use ME, and it runs everything and never crashes on me. F**k Windows XP. They should name it XPOS, you can figure that out.

And yes, i have tried XP out on a few machines and all of them had problems in way or another. I can give a crap about fading menus and new colors.

lol @ netdude

i have tried win95, win 98, win 98se, win me, win 2000, and win xp and i liked win 2000 the best for sure!

------------------
    Duron 900 @ 1060 1.7v (8x133)
    Abit Kt7a
    192 mb ram
    ATI Radeon 32mb ddr
    win2k sp2

No, but even if I were to switch now, I already installed the update, so it would matter anyways.
    Just wondering... because it really seems like people tend to have more mouse problems when using USB. But as long as you got it straightened out, then I guess all is well.

------------------
    what?

Originally posted by K62:
    lol @ netdude

i have tried win95, win 98, win 98se, win me, win 2000, and win xp and i liked win 2000 the best for sure!

Straight up man! I totally agree. I hate XP, but as I have said before, I just don't feel like troubleshooting my network everytime something goes wrong. I have to do this with enough friends and families computers. XP, all I have to do is just re-run the network wizard. Actually, what I may do is change this computer to Win2k whenever I get my next video card and leave dad's computer with XP as well as the server. I don't use a hub, so I use my server as a network bridge/router, but Win2k doesn't have this feature and I couldn't figure it out under Win2k Server.

BaloneyFlops, yeah I know what you're talking about. Sorry for all of the arguing!

ThreeOnTheTree, hehe yeah I know exactly what you are talking about with the gunpowder, lol

------------------
    MSI K7T Turbo-R w/ 2.35v mod
    AthlonXP 1600+ @1900+ @ 1.75v
    256MB Corsair PC150 CL3
    12x DVD, 12x CDRW
    Water-cooled 118w Peltier
    Diamond TNT2 Viper V770 @ 160/190
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53B C1 @2.85GHz (stock volts), watercooled @ 27*C load
    MSI 865PE Neo2-P (i865PE + ICH5), 1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    ATi Radeon X700Pro 256MB AGP8x
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160GB SATA, Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus 80GB
    NEC DVD-RW (ND-3520A), Lite-On 52/32/52x CD-RW (LTR-52327S)
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

My Heatware | My Beerology | My eBay rating

lol i went to windows xp to win2k cause i was bored one day lol
    well in win2k, i ran cs at 800x600 with a 2xfsaa on and great frames. but i couldnt score any higher then 2400 in 3dmark 2001 which was very low.

well with xp and after trying many drivers and tweaks i hit 2986 so i was right happy cause my score was higher then my buds and his geforce2 gts

but then i try cs again and mohaa and my frames suck compaired wut they used to me.. plus i cant disable v-sync so i had to force the refresh rate at 85hz

well im about to try new drivers and this mouse thing is still killing me!!!
    lol its smooth, just when i flick it it doesnt move and spazes out.

------------------
    Duron 900 @ 1060 1.7v (8x133)
    Abit Kt7a
    192 mb ram
    ATI Radeon 32mb ddr
    win2k sp2

Anitdaisu Guest
    all this talk about XP2003 ..that's bull crap ..there won't be an XPSE, it'll e longhorn or blackcomb...XP will have service packs ...

Thread Information