eMachine gayness
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: eMachine gayness

eMachine gayness

hi all,
    alright, i'm trying to install a pci geforce2 into an eMachine for my buddy and we can't get the card to work as the primary display. the system is an eMonster 1000b which uses an Intel 810E chipset. We tried switching the primary adapter setting in bios to pci but then we dont get any video on reboot and the system beeps at us until we pull out the new video card. i dont think it's a fried card because windowsME sees it and gives the secondary display message. We can't disable the Intel video because for some reason that option isnt even present in the properties for the onboard adapter. If anyone has any good ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.

Silent Bob
    There is little truth in men but much cunning. - Peter the Great

I know some of their older systems had a jumper on the board to disable the onboard video. I think I heard of someone else that had a similar problem and they left the intigrated video on and it seemed to work fine. They might have set the integraded vide to "disable in all hardware" in the contoll panal/system/ device manager. Make sure you then dump in the latest drivers from nVidia and DirectX 8.1.

All else fails and you can goto were you baught the system and ask them. Likely they have had the pleasure of working through the same problem (and likely contacted E-Machines to fix it, which if I remember correctly, they charge for support calls that are not related to hardware failure). Best Buy sells lots of them and does instore installations.

------------------
    AthlonXP 1600+ @1.5Ghz
    FOP32-1 Mod w/80mm (30db)
    Epox 8KHA+ KT266A
    256MB Crucial DDR266
    GeForce2 GTS (210/410)
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Antec SX-630 Case (mod'd)
    TTGI TT-350-SS 370w PS
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information