The difference between GeForce3 and GeForce3 Ti500
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: The difference between GeForce3 and GeForce3 Ti500

The difference between GeForce3 and GeForce3 Ti500

What is the main difference between these two cards? I looked at the specs on both and it seems like the regular GeForce3 would be able to overclock just as far because they have the same speed memory. I haven't been really keeping up with stuff like I used to so I really don't know. I know the Ti500 is clocked higher at default but shouldn't the regular GF3 be able to overclock about as far? Thanks.

------------------
    8K7A
    TB 1.33@1.46+SK6(Delta7k)
    256M Corsair PC2400
    Leadtek GeForce3
    SBLive! PCI 5.1
    Sony 16x/50x DVD
    Sony 12x/8x/40x CDRW
    Lian-Li PC60+350w P.S.
    Klipsch Promedia
    CTX PL9 19" monitor
    If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

I can't speak for all current card makes but I had 2x Nvidia Reference GF3's and 2x Nvidia Reference Ti500's The cards did look slightly different if you examined them closely but they all overclocked to near enough the same levels. around 265 core 570 mem. Interestingly the Ti500s were clocked default at 240 / 515.

It's possible the PCB could be better quality in the Ti500 as this was part of the reference spec for Ti500.

This may not be important but there was a recent Ti200 from Evga that came with 3.3ns ram (600 plus DDR), but because of the limitations of the PCB it would "only" clock to up to 530 ish max and some were worse.

Like I said it's whether the makers have upgraded the PCB or even if it matters over original GF3 PCB quality.

There is also a Spanish card that is called a Ti600 that has 3.3ns ram clocked at 600 default. haven't heard of anyone having the card though.

My advice would be get an original GF3 or even do your home work and find the best Ti200 card for O/C unless you can get a Ti500 at a good price. It's true Ti500's o/c better than the first of the original GF3's but all the newer cards seem the same.

With overclocking is always a luck of the draw as to what you get anyway to a certain extent.

------------------
    Stealth Cooling Project

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 01-02-2002).]

Yea, it turns out that my first GeForce3 dying on me was a good thing. Now I got a later revision of the board with hardware monitoring and better cooling (doesn't matter though since I promptly replaced it with a crystal orb and ramsinks ) and it seems to overclock better. It's already stable at 230/560 and I just got it today. There's no telling how far it'll go before it maxes out.

------------------
    8K7A
    TB 1.33@1.46+SK6(Delta7k)
    256M Corsair PC2400
    Leadtek GeForce3
    SBLive! PCI 5.1
    Sony 16x/50x DVD
    Sony 12x/8x/40x CDRW
    Lian-Li PC60+350w P.S.
    Klipsch Promedia
    CTX PL9 19" monitor
    If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

I heard there is no difference besides the Ti500 being clocked a little higher from the factory. I can overclock my Asus V8200 GeForce 3 to Ti500 specs without a problem.

Thread Information