two faint Vertical lines on iiyama monitor
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: two faint Vertical lines on iiyama monitor

two faint Vertical lines on iiyama monitor

oh no ! not another problem. Two faint vertical lines about 5mm apart have appeared on my third replacement iiyama vision master pro 452...

any ideas what the problem could be ???

Sounds like aperture grill misalignment, This can and does happen often in shipping (and should be mentioned in the manual).

This sounds kind of severe but usually a sharp smack on the side of the casing will re align the grill.

So other than the lines does this one look ok?

------------------
    Stealth Cooling Project

Sounds like one of the problems mentioned in the trouble shooting section of my monitors manual. This is what it said:

Thin vertical black lines on one or both sides of the screen.
    This minor condition is caused by grille element overlap which can occur during shipping.
    Position an open white window over the affected area of the screen and maxmise the brightness and contrast controls. This will cause localized heating of the overlap which will clear in a few minutes. Be sure to readjust the brightness and contrast controls back to the normal viewing levels after this procedure.
    One of the monitors I had suffered this problem along with 3 huge scratches down the screen after been damaged in shipping. The convergence was also off on that screen. I tried to fix the vertical lines by placing a white box over the affected area. Got bored after 20mins and they were still visible. I didn't care anyway as it was going back due to the scratches.

------------------
    AMD 1266Mhz 1.7volts
    Abit KT7a
    256mb memory
    Creative Geforce GTS 32mb

[This message has been edited by daveg (edited 12-02-2001).]
    Athlon 1Ghz AXIA Stepping
    Abit KT7a Rev1
    256mb generic
    CL GTS 32ddr
    Vortex 2 (2048)
    GXP60 20Gbytes

One smack later and the lines have disappeared!!

Thanks BR

The monitor is nice but not perfect... and after replacing the original three times I don't have much faith in their quality control althiugh I must comend the support staff for the qucik turn around of replacements. I actually got to know the delivery guy by name!

As long as this one keeps going i'll be satisified but never impressed

Thread Information