Radeon 7200 question
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Radeon 7200 question

Radeon 7200 question

This card seems to be pretty new,
    I've just bought one (and I'm cursing now, coz I forgot to check it had drivers for Win 95 - it doesn't, time for a downgrade to 98 or 2000 I guess ). It cost me about the same as a GeForce II MX 400, has 64Mb SD RAM (I don't need no fancy DDR RAM, I'm not a heavy gamer), and I'm guessing (hoping?) 128-bit memory access.

Anyone seen any benches on this puppy? At a wild stab in the dark I'd say this beastie will perform about the same as a bog standard Radeon SDR, with the bonus of some extra goodies. Not blazingly fast, but faster than the Savage2000 card it is replacing (and hopefully a hell of a lot more stable, grrrr).

Anyone help me out here? Before I saw it in the shop I didn't even know there was a 7200........ and ATi's website only has a few (not very useful) FAQ's and specs.

Fallguy

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1544

not so much benchmarks on the particlar card...but the spec sheet shold give you a calculated guess of what that card can do.

or you can head over to rage3d.com and search for benchmarks which I'm sure they'll have in the forums.

------------------
    ...everyone should taste a little bitterness in their lives....
    ...everyone should taste a little bitterness in their lives....

i've been looking for benchies on this card too, but the best i can do is a review on a Radeon 32meg SDR, which isn't bad, but has year old drivers. i think they've improved since then, but i would like to make sure.

what's that website called that has a listing of all video cards reviewed for the past 2 years or something?

------------------
    people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

Just check out the forums at www.rage3d.com

They should answer all your questions.

BTW, it is just a 64mb SDR Radeon.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

Thread Information