Finest Graphics
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Finest Graphics

Finest Graphics

The mother of all Gaming Graphics Question - What on earth will it take to play for instance a Mechwarrior Video Game wherein the graphics would look the same as the graphics seen in Starship Troopers (The Series) or in FINAL FANTASY the movie. WHat processor speed will it take? How much memory would it Require (not to mention memory speed)? Do we need a 256 bit processor to make it possible? How long will it take before all my fellow gamers can experience such graphics in gaming like FINAL FANTASY(The movie)? I'm fed up with these two Giants on their slow innovation in technology, selling us computers that doesn't guarantee consumer satisfaction. I'm so dissaponted in the graphics in all video games. (Exclude gameplay - there's no question about it just the graphics).

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...820066,00.html

Give it a few years...

I'd have to disagree with you and say that the computer consumer-level graphics industry is at one of its most exciting points ever. You only have to go back a few years to get a feel for where things have come from and where they're going. What you're talking about isn't that far off, really.

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

I know what you mean bro.

I just watched Shrek for the first time last night and I was breathless... The graphics on it are so very intense. I didn't know a computer generated model could look so hot!! J/K, but I whish we had those graphics in our games...

AC

------------------
    1 Gigahertz AMD Athlon T-Bird
    MSI K7T Turbo Via KT133a Motherboard
    512mb PC-133 Memory
    ELSA Gladiac GeForce2 32mb DDR
    Sound Blaster Live! Soundcard
    Iomega 12x10x32 CD Burner
    1 Gigahertz AMD Athlon T-Bird
    MSI K7T Turbo Via KT133a Motherboard
    512mb PC-133 Memory
    ELSA Gladiac GeForce2 32mb DDR
    Sound Blaster Live! Soundcard
    Iomega 12x10x32 CD Burner

Try to rent out a film called The Last Starfighter This mid to late 80's film used computer generated graphics for all the spacecraft sections. It looks dated and can nearly be equalled by the graphics of a cuting edge PC now, but at the time it was created using the best, (and most expensive), hardware and software. It's also an enjoyable film so worth renting.

It's worth remembering that your PC graphics are generated in real time which requires much more power to create complex detailed scenes, where as pre-rendered graphics are one scene displayed from one view point. Very different things really.

------------------
    Stealth Cooling Project

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 11-10-2001).]

I guess this is kinda relevant:
    http://www.fakeorfoto.com/

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

( I saw that movie when i was in high school ) Blade,if that movie was made around 15 years, Did that mean we have to wait 15 years so we could get the Graphics in Final Fantasy in our gaming?
    MuFu, i think it will take more than a few more years. lol
    How i wish someone from Nvidia, Ati,AMD,Intel,or Guru etc. could give us some answers to what, when, and how the future gaming will be. Don't tell me i'll be 50 yrs old before i could taste the Graphics of Final Fantasy in my simulated games.(sigh)

That chick in FF is 43 and she doesn't look too bad. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 11-11-2001).]

Thread Information