my new sys is built and all has been fine...
My graphics card is a "a-bit Geforce2 mx400 64mb, it only has a heat sink on the processor. ) which worried me a bit..
when i first turned my sys on I went straight into the bios to check the temps.. i left it for 30 min and watched the temp rise to processor 40C and inside 30C
I felt the heatsink on the graphics card and found it was very hot to the touch
I added a pci slot exhaust fan directly below it to help circulate this heat being produced and an intake fan in the lower cd draw bay
anyway I installed everything fine I had
AVP2 runing in top res.. It was running a dreamm.
I went into the display properties, and when i clicked the advanced to ( my screen jump straight to the far right of my monitor and curved at the edges (opaque i think it's called)
I tought it was wierd but adjusted my monitor accordly to compensate ( and then thought nothing more of it

.....but now the past two days when i have come home from work ( after the computer being on all day )I come to play the game again,, it loads up into the start menu. I load a saved game and it crashes when it first gets into a 3D game sreen... back to windows...
windows runs works fine, I tested another game and Sudden strike and that crashed out sraight away on goinbg intoit, but then was fine from there in
I updated my driver to the new detonator 21.83 still did the same..

So i took it out and put in an old s3 trio 8 mb
and when the it starts to boot up . e.g. just past bios option to go into it , the page is all warped... ( as said earlier I altered the monitor setting quite allot when i had this geforce2 card first put. in... )
It was fine in windows but in the boot start up and in some games it was like this , So i altered it back.. , and tested on the card ( unfortunately this card won't run AVP2 so I tested on othr games (sudden strike ) and they were fine

so I switched it on once more last night ( with the geforce2 card in .. and tried AVP2 I didn't move the game i just wanted to test if it went in..
it did go in, but after about 30 secs of if being in the game I heard a high pitched noice come from my comp and then some of the textures on a door pannel ( in the game ) went all wierd and a slightly orange colour. and had a few black lines across..

please I need all the advice I can get. Because If I send it back they will test it to find a fault, and it could be there for some time.. (+ and I'll be without a pc)

l8r ghost