Intrested in setting up a dual monitor display
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Intrested in setting up a dual monitor display

Intrested in setting up a dual monitor display

Hi im intrested in setting up a dual layer display but dont know to much about it and setting it up. Can ne one provide me with information so i can learn about dual dispaly and learn how to set it up.All suggestions and help is accpeted
    Thanks
    Jedisk8

------------------
    aka: Trax

Its actually quite simple. All you have to do is out in a second videocard (it has to be PCI because you AGP is probably already taken) into your computer, connect it to a monitor and Windows will detect it and you'll be able to use two monitors from that point on.

You can tune it finely using the Display Settings in your Control Panel.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

MitchSchaft Guest
    My brother just did that the other day. It's pretty cool, but when he plays games the monitor looks real cloudy. The only way to make that go away is to disable the second vid card.

Mitch on most games I have to disable the second head on my G400 so that games will even run.. although since the games don't take advantage of DualHead anyway, that's hardly a big loss.

Jedisk, Toolbox has got it. All you really need is a decent spare PCI video card. Slap it in & away you go. You don't even have to stop at two..

------------------
    The Darkside: OCN Hellspawn - having our way with your daughter's genes

How does the mouse and keyboard work on each monitor display??

------------------

The mouse will automatically jump to the other monitor as soon as it moves off the edge of the first monitor. as for the keyboard, it just runs on whatever you are using at the time. i.e. i am running 2 monitors right now, on one, i have HWC, the other a text document, but since i have decided to type this text in on a reply to your topic, it only types what is in here, however, should i click on the text document, and continue to type, then it will type on the text document. it is just like having a widescreen desktop, so you can view more at one time.

MitchSchaft Guest
    Yeah, it's pretty neat. They have wallpaper that will span across both monitors, too. Panoramic.

Originally posted by MitchSchaft:
    Yeah, it's pretty neat. They have wallpaper that will span across both monitors, too. Panoramic.
    For that though you obviously have to have the same resolution..

Jedisk as for the keyboard thing, it works exactly as Windows always did - it wil type in the active window. Anything in the 'other' monitor is just like it's minimised, except that you can still see it..

------------------
    The Darkside: OCN Hellspawn - having our way with your daughter's genes

Originally posted by a13antichrist:
    For that though you obviously have to have the same resolution..

Not true, I have one 17 at 800x600 and one 19 at 1024-768, and the wallpaper spans just fine.

Thread Information