Slow GF2 GTS on SiS 5600B MB
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Slow GF2 GTS on SiS 5600B MB

Slow GF2 GTS on SiS 5600B MB

I have a ASUS 7700 Geforce 2 GTS, and it's even slower than my old TNT 2. When I look at the info screen, the bus type is "AGP 4x (Current rate: off)". It seems to me that this should be, with my motherboard 2x. I have a no-name motherboard with a SiS 5600B chipset (I know it's ****, i'm still waiting for the new AMD CPU for much to long) and a P3 450. I've been looking for a newer VGARTD driver, does anyone know where I can find it? Or does anyone know if domething else could be the problem?

First of all, 450MHz is NOT ENOUGH for some real performance with a GF2GTS. You'll really need a new processor. The videocard performance is linear to the processorspeed.
    But you could try the new detonator drivers at www.nvidia.com . They could help a bit. I don't think the AGP4x issue is the problem.

------------------
    Half-Life Counter-Strike rulez the world !!!
    Overclocking is like a game, try it some more and you'll get better results.....

Something is really messed up I guess, with my TNT2 I had about 35 fps in Unreal Tournament, with the GF2 it dropped to about 20, but I tried my old card again, and now i only get about 15 fps!

I guess i'm gonna buy some more new stuff soon :-)

Thread Information